Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Just bought a used MS How do I activate my app, use superC and other?s?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I purchased a used 2015 P85D from a non Tesla dealership.

1. What do I need to do to get the phone Tesla app to log in and use 100% of the app/car controls, monitors, ect?
2. Will I be able to use supercharging stations immediately? The car is SC enabled on the original invoice.
3. What other EV apps are recommended? I already have plug share.
4. What charging unit memberships are recommended when Tesla chargers are not available? Blink, plug share ECT..
5. Any other new owner advice?
If these have been covered in other areas could you pleas send me a link?

Thank you
JL
Bemidji Mn

But you can use supercharging in the meantime. Transfer of ownership wouldn’t affect that. You probably don’t need any charging apps, unless you know from Plugshare of a J1772 that you’ll be using when you travel somewhere. Then sign up with the appropriate network (ChargePoint, etc.). It’s becoming less and less common for Tesla owners to need to use these with the growth of the supercharging and destination charging networks.

The new owner advice I would give is to read the manual. If you haven’t already found it, you can access it on the large screen. When you get a Tesla login it will also be available on your account page at tesla.com.

I purchased a used 2015 P85D from a non Tesla dealership.

1. What do I need to do to get the phone Tesla app to log in and use 100% of the app/car controls, monitors, ect?
2. Will I be able to use supercharging stations immediately? The car is SC enabled on the original invoice.
3. What other EV apps are recommended? I already have plug share.
4. What charging unit memberships are recommended when Tesla chargers are not available? Blink, plug share ECT..
5. Any other new owner advice?
If these have been covered in other areas could you pleas send me a link?

Thank you
JL
Bemidji Mn

1. call tesla. there will be an option as explained with the above posts.
2. yes. and it will be free.
3. plugshare and chargepoint are the two i use.
4. i dont recommend paid charging memeberships. there are superchargers everywhere that are free and charge faster. in the off chance u need to visit one of those paid stations, u can use your credit card.
5. enjoy the car. get the windows tinted if not already tinted.

post pictures please. thanks

• Love
Reactions: P85_DA
Thank you for all your help.
Getting the app working appears to be the hardest part of setting up my new model S.

Hopefully it will survive the extreme (subzero *F) cold, snow drifts, and ice chunks that fall off of other vehicles during a Northern Minnesota winter. I may make additional vents or a heated blanket for the third row seats as I hear it can be hard keep that area cool and hot in extremes.

J.L.
Bemidji Mn.

Attachments

• 555704936.jpg
    555704936.jpg
    360.6 KB · Views: 87
If the car has less than 50k miles then it still has original warranty and roadside assistance. If it's more than 50k, buy a 12v air compressor (type that plugs into cigarette lighter) and a tire plug kit.

Ask Tesla when the car had it's last yearly service.

Check your electric co. to see if they have a rebate for EV owners.

Thank you for all your help.
Getting the app working appears to be the hardest part of setting up my new model S.

Hopefully it will survive the extreme (subzero *F) cold, snow drifts, and ice chunks that fall off of other vehicles during a Northern Minnesota winter. I may make additional vents or a heated blanket for the third row seats as I hear it can be hard keep that area cool and hot in extremes.

J.L.
Bemidji Mn.

I have found the Michelin X-Ice to be really good on my car. Great heavy snow and ice conditions traction.