Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Just got a '21 Model Y Performance....

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
And the wireless charging sucks ass. Are there any replacements available?

I see a lot of people pointing to JEDA, but also seeing that they've ordered but no updates on timelines.

Thanks in advance!
The stock wireless charging is very low power, it can't keep up with usage if I am using the phone for a YouTube video (not watching while driving, just streaming the audio). Since the screen has to stay on the phone falls further and further behind on power use. If you find a viable aftermarket solution I am interested... otherwise I may end up stringing cords all over the inside of the car like I have with all other cars I have owned... the wireless charging in the Bolt sucks @ss also :)

Keith

Reactions: krishws
The stock wireless charging is very low power, it can't keep up with usage if I am using the phone for a YouTube video (not watching while driving, just streaming the audio). Since the screen has to stay on the phone falls further and further behind on power use. If you find a viable aftermarket solution I am interested... otherwise I may end up stringing cords all over the inside of the car like I have with all other cars I have owned... the wireless charging in the Bolt sucks @ss also :)

Keith

@Fourdoor you may not like this idea, but you could consider a YouTube Premium subscription. If you go premium, you can keep a video playing with the screen off, which will help with your power consumption. You can also pre-download videos at home/work/wherever over WiFi and play them back in your car without using mobile data or keeping the phone's radio busy (further reducing your power draw). In addition to those great things, you also get no pre-roll or interrupting-my-video-every-few-mins ads, access to YouTube Music premium, and probably some other perks. Something to consider, anyway.

Reactions: with_raiden
@Fourdoor you may not like this idea, but you could consider a YouTube Premium subscription. If you go premium, you can keep a video playing with the screen off, which will help with your power consumption. You can also pre-download videos at home/work/wherever over WiFi and play them back in your car without using mobile data or keeping the phone's radio busy (further reducing your power draw). In addition to those great things, you also get no pre-roll or interrupting-my-video-every-few-mins ads, access to YouTube Music premium, and probably some other perks. Something to consider, anyway.

I understand what you are saying, and truly appreciate your well thought out input... but YouTube demonetizes the majority of the content I enjoy (I love Demolition Ranch for example, and channels like it), so there is no way in Heyll I am going to give YouTube my money.

Thanks,

Keith

I really don't get why it's so bad. I picked up my car and drove for 3.5 hours and was shocked to see my phone wasn't at 100% when I got home.

Maybe someone will come up with a mod or something...