Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Just got a refreshed Model X, what are some must have accessories nowadays?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Great news. I just got my UP rear sway bar and Pirelli Weatheractives installed - sick looking tire and good feel too on the few miles back from the shop. Had a chance to put the macboost shims, but the shop that swapped my swaybar (Drive Auto Works in NJ) doesn't do alignments on Tesla Model X so decided against it since the car would have to be realigned. The car so far is smooth as butter, maybe a shade of the "initial vibration" when cold, but I still can't figure if this is the real thing, or just the HVAC working harder to warm the battery. Maybe I will skip both the shims and alignment kit (which I didn't purchase) altogether and just see how it goes all stock. An alignment check is probably still a must but I think Tesla can do that for less than $100.

I am on 2023.38.9 firmware
That was my previous firmware version and I know that you will be happy with 2023.44.1 with regards to any remaining vibrations.

The alignment kit will void your warranty
It doesn’t void the warranty. It just gives them a basis to dispute that a suspension problem is caused by a warrantable OEM item rather than some defective or improper aftermarket part.

But the issue is not a problem for most people so most don’t need to worry about it.

I’ve never understood why some think it worth going through the hassle and risk of potential dispute down the road.

Great news. I just got my UP rear sway bar and Pirelli Weatheractives installed - sick looking tire and good feel too on the few miles back from the shop. Had a chance to put the macboost shims, but the shop that swapped my swaybar (Drive Auto Works in NJ) doesn't do alignments on Tesla Model X so decided against it since the car would have to be realigned. The car so far is smooth as butter, maybe a shade of the "initial vibration" when cold, but I still can't figure if this is the real thing, or just the HVAC working harder to warm the battery. Maybe I will skip both the shims and alignment kit (which I didn't purchase) altogether and just see how it goes all stock. An alignment check is probably still a must but I think Tesla can do that for less than $100.

I am on 2023.38.9 firmware

What setting did you decide was best for the rear sway bar?

Negative, I know my consumer rights and I would be covered under the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act. The problem is that Tesla and others will try to bully the owner into thinking that installing an aftermarket part will void your warranty. Under the act they would have the burden to "prove" that my aftermarket suspension caused damage to an item that was under said warranty.

"What a dealership and an automaker cannot do, according to the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act, is void a warranty simply because a modification is present. For instance, a lowered suspension with aftermarket springs and shocks is highly unlikely to directly contribute to an inoperative power door lock. In this case, the automaker should cover the repair of the faulty door lock."

The alignment kit will void your warranty just keep that in mind.
They have to prove it. I had some modifications on my model y and one of them caused an issue. Took it to Tesla, they said they won’t touch it, but warranty is fine. Just remove the mod and they will look at the issue if it’s still an issue after removing the modification.

Reactions: bhzmark