Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Just got a refreshed Model X, what are some must have accessories nowadays?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just took delivery of a refresh Model X.

Order a set of all weather mats from Aliexpress, that's about it.

I looked into getting mud flaps. The ones on the Tesla Store looks ugly but I'm getting confused as with whether aftermarket ones will fit the refresh model....

I couldn't find any organizer trays for the center console - looking for something old school that can hold some coins.

I like the idea of under seat storage but the ones that our on Amazon seems like are just bins that a passer-by could see....

This has been my favorite - seat backs with a tray table and built in wireless charging - made for a 3/Y but works with the refreshed X - the faux carbon matches the trim in the plaid.
IMG_0619.jpeg

You can add some under-seat storage for your Model X. It is very friendly for Model X underseat space.
and the sunshade will also be a great accessories for Model X

Love the 9H Matte Screen Protectors... cuts all the glare and fingerprint issues. Been using them on my Model 3's for 5+ years now and will get them ASAP for my X.

Where did you buy these? Link please :)

Absolutely, considering your needs and preferences, I would recommend checking out Tesery's collection for the Model X. They offer high-quality accessories like custom-fit Model X floor mats, sleek Model X mud flaps, and practical Model X center console organizers. These products are designed to enhance both the aesthetics and functionality of your Model X interior.

You can explore Tesery's range of Tesla Model X accessories here. They have been well-received by the Tesla community, providing a blend of style and utility. Feel free to browse reviews to ensure they align with your expectations.

The alignment kit will void your warranty just keep that in mind.

Negative, I know my consumer rights and I would be covered under the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act. The problem is that Tesla and others will try to bully the owner into thinking that installing an aftermarket part will void your warranty. Under the act they would have the burden to "prove" that my aftermarket suspension caused damage to an item that was under said warranty.

"What a dealership and an automaker cannot do, according to the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act, is void a warranty simply because a modification is present. For instance, a lowered suspension with aftermarket springs and shocks is highly unlikely to directly contribute to an inoperative power door lock. In this case, the automaker should cover the repair of the faulty door lock."

Negative, I know my consumer rights and I would be covered under the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act. The problem is that Tesla and others will try to bully the owner into thinking that installing an aftermarket part will void your warranty. Under the act they would have the burden to "prove" that my aftermarket suspension caused damage to an item that was under said warranty.

"What a dealership and an automaker cannot do, according to the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act, is void a warranty simply because a modification is present. For instance, a lowered suspension with aftermarket springs and shocks is highly unlikely to directly contribute to an inoperative power door lock. In this case, the automaker should cover the repair of the faulty door lock."
Good luck forcing them to abide by that act if you’re dealing with a suspension warranty issue. When they refuse a warranty repair, the burden will be on you to fight them. The problem with this act is that it’s rarely enforced. There are numerous other examples of less disputable violations where manufacturers have blatantly ignored it, and the FTC hasn’t done anything to enforce it. Also a suspension modification is a gray area in that respect, Tesla can stonewall you and you’d have to literally take them to court, which won’t be worth your time and money.

But aside from this, while the adjustable camber arms are nice, lowering links are far from a must. I haven’t seen any proof they prevent vibrations or address the root cause, which has not been pinpointed after numerous threads in this forum. Additionally people have complained of air suspension travel/feel when lowering the car, whether due to incorrect setting or other reasons, have regretted adding them.

Considering the cost and risks, this alignment kit is far from a must imho. Perhaps only for the most advanced users and definitely not for the risk averse.

Good luck forcing them to abide by that act if you’re dealing with a suspension warranty issue. When they refuse a warranty repair, the burden will be on you to fight them. The problem with this act is that it’s rarely enforced. There are numerous other examples of less disputable violations where manufacturers have blatantly ignored it, and the FTC hasn’t done anything to enforce it. Also a suspension modification is a gray area in that respect, Tesla can stonewall you and you’d have to literally take them to court, which won’t be worth your time and money.

But aside from this, while the adjustable camber arms are nice, lowering links are far from a must. I haven’t seen any proof they prevent vibrations or address the root cause, which has not been pinpointed after numerous threads in this forum. Additionally people have complained of air suspension travel/feel when lowering the car, whether due to incorrect setting or other reasons, have regretted adding them.

Considering the cost and risks, this alignment kit is far from a must imho. Perhaps only for the most advanced users and definitely not for the risk averse.

I have an attorney friend who has litigated and won 100% of these cases so I'm comfortable. What I'm not willing to do is allow Tesla to bully me for fixing something on their end due to their ineptness or negligence in addressing the problem on all Plaid vehicles. I had a first batch '21 Model S Plaid that had the same issues and now years later, still not resolved. Perhaps I will keep taking my car in for service until they concede that they can't fix it and buy back my vehicle. I have all 3 vibrations/shudder and I'm not happy considering I spent $90K.

Initial start vibration when the vehicle sits for a period of time
38-52mph vibration
80mph vibration

Well it happens to Ryan Shaw on YouTube on his Tesla

I have an attorney friend who has litigated and won 100% of these cases so I'm comfortable. What I'm not willing to do is allow Tesla to bully me for fixing something on their end due to their ineptness or negligence in addressing the problem on all Plaid vehicles. I had a first batch '21 Model S Plaid that had the same issues and now years later, still not resolved. Perhaps I will keep taking my car in for service until they concede that they can't fix it and buy back my vehicle. I have all 3 vibrations/shudder and I'm not happy considering I spent $90K.

Initial start vibration when the vehicle sits for a period of time
38-52mph vibration
80mph
The problem is, most people don't have attorney friends, and even if they do they cost a lot. You can never be a 100% sure of the outcome. And sometimes litigating doesn't really improve the outcome - if Tesla can't fix your vibration, why haven't you forced them to buy your Plaid back? Could it be that even with the vibration, there's no good alternative on the market that is not over double the price? The win can at best force Tesla to buy it back, not force them to fix it. Is it a "win" then?

If you do the alignment kit, be prepared to uninstall it before you take your car for a suspension warranty issue. This is in the realm of advanced, I-know-what-I'm-doing upgrades, not a must for the vanilla customer buying an X.

I got the UP rear sway bar for my X. Would not call it a must. I know it carries the risk of having to uninstall it if I get Tesla to work on my suspension.

The problem is, most people don't have attorney friends, and even if they do they cost a lot. You can never be a 100% sure of the outcome. And sometimes litigating doesn't really improve the outcome - if Tesla can't fix your vibration, why haven't you forced them to buy your Plaid back? Could it be that even with the vibration, there's no good alternative on the market that is not over double the price? The win can at best force Tesla to buy it back, not force them to fix it. Is it a "win" then?

If you do the alignment kit, be prepared to uninstall it before you take your car for a suspension warranty issue. This is in the realm of advanced, I-know-what-I'm-doing upgrades, not a must for the vanilla customer buying an X.

I got the UP rear sway bar for my X. Would not call it a must. I know it carries the risk of having to uninstall it if I get Tesla to work on my suspension.
I have another appointment this Friday for them to address AGAIN and in my service notes, I stated that If I don't get a resolution soon the next step would be to pursue a buyback. To answer your question about buying something else, If they do in fact buy back my MXP then I would just share my wife's vehicle until either the Highland or Juniper arrives. I enjoyed my time with both the MYP and the M3P.

Look, this is my 7th Tesla. I love the brand and the cars but one gets to the point where enough is enough. The 2 MYP's that I owned, no issues. The 2 M3P's that I owned, no issues. The MS P100D and the MS Perforance (Raven), also no issues. It wasn't until I jumped to the Model S Plaid in '21 and now the new MXP that has even more vibration issues.

I guess the expensive lesson learned from this experiment is NEVER buy a Tesla with 3 motors.

I'm sorry to all if I come off negative but it's a case of fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. 🙄

I digress.....

My MXP doesn't vibrate (yet). However, my SC visit for some trim alignment issue I thought would be easy to fix didn't go well probably because it requires lots of experimentation and experience aligning FWDs so they just messed with it and didn't end up changing much, but in the processes damaged part of my trim and didn't disclose it. They also lied they'd get back to me quickly and have ignored for me the past week so made a 2nd SC appointment describing the same issue. However, when I get there I plan to beg them to accommodate me with a reputed body shop. And if they refuse or don't fix it again, I will probably just pay out of pocket even though it's very wrong doing so on a new car, because it'd be worth more to me to not get bothered by it than fighting them. That said this issue is very different from the vibration - good luck fighting them. Didn't they promise you an upcoming software fix like some others here?

Crossposting from another thread I updated a few moments ago.

Ok, 2023.44.1 was pushed to my MXP yesterday and here's my assessment with regards to how it addressed the vibrations in my vehicle.

Initial vibration after sitting for some time: 75% eliminated
38-52mph vibration: 90% eliminated
80mph vibration: 80% eliminated

Honestly, I wasn't expecting much with the update but I'm happy as it's a drastic improvement to the driving dynamics. Hopefully, Tesla will continue to tweak but I'm very satisfied and driving is now much more pleasurable.

Great news. I just got my UP rear sway bar and Pirelli Weatheractives installed - sick looking tire and good feel too on the few miles back from the shop. Had a chance to put the macboost shims, but the shop that swapped my swaybar (Drive Auto Works in NJ) doesn't do alignments on Tesla Model X so decided against it since the car would have to be realigned. The car so far is smooth as butter, maybe a shade of the "initial vibration" when cold, but I still can't figure if this is the real thing, or just the HVAC working harder to warm the battery. Maybe I will skip both the shims and alignment kit (which I didn't purchase) altogether and just see how it goes all stock. An alignment check is probably still a must but I think Tesla can do that for less than $100.

I am on 2023.38.9 firmware

Attachments

• IMG_1163.jpeg
    IMG_1163.jpeg
    731.6 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_1162.jpeg
    IMG_1162.jpeg
    904.5 KB · Views: 79
Last edited:
Reactions: Jayskywalker21