Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Just got my text to schedule delivery ...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I went to the site about 2 hours ago, and there were no updates. I went after I got the text, and it has an offer for my trade, but won’t let me chose payment options. I have logged out and in a few times , and once it even showed me a picture of a completely different car. Do I just give it some more time? Is this normal? Ordered a LWD, metallic silver, FSD, 20” wheels on 3/15/2020. Delivery supposedly is scheduled for 3/31/2020. Thank you. I look forward to contributing to this forum in the future.

They must have been doing maintenance on the website or something. I just noticed about 10 minutes ago when I refreshed the page my payment method said this. But now it is back to the way it was before, and the site is refreshing much snappier.

upload_2020-3-24_20-30-21.png

Attachments

• upload_2020-3-24_20-30-19.png
    upload_2020-3-24_20-30-19.png
    17.4 KB · Views: 218
I just got my text to schedule delivery! Text read "Your Model Y is on its way to the Buena Park Delivery Center and ready to be scheduled for Delivery! For your convenience, we currently plan to deliver your Model Y to your address. Select your appointment now at Tesla.com/schedule/RN######.
If no appointment is selected by tonight, we will schedule the first available appointment.
I clicked on link and it took me to my account. I cannot find where to go to schedule. I did enter bank info thinking schedule will show up after I did that, but still nothing. No VIN yet. But I do see VIN on MVPA 0033XX. Odometer: 15.

I'm like a kid on Christmas morning!

Just got my delivery text, too. Instead of picking up at the service center, which is very close to me, they say they're delivering it to my address Friday. So excited! I looked on my account, and my VIN is 33xx. White/blk, performance with upgrade, no FSD.

"There is no need to be present at drop-off, you will be able to access your Model Y with the Tesla App.

You must complete the following in your Tesla Account before delivery:

- Electronically sign your contract, which will be available on 3/26

- Submit final payment, if necessary

Once your Model Y is dropped off, you will receive an email to electronically accept delivery, which must be completed within 24 hours of receipt. Please reply to this text with any questions."

Did you have to schedule a deliver date?
I got thought and it says:
There are currently no appointments available
A Tesla representative will contact you.

We are working on increasing available appointments. Please check back at 8AM tomorrow.

I have an appointment and a vin, but it thinks the value of my trade is my down payment. I still owe some on my car, and don’t want the credit app to be run with the wrong amount.
Separate question; when does the car show in the Tesla app on my phone?

I wonder how you hand over the bank check if you don't have to be present for delivery?
Unless they want you to transfer all that to Tesla before hand.
My past 2 Teslas I've walked in with a cashier's check after paying my portion online.

Also, I guess there's no inspection/refusal. Or maybe this means you can take your sweet time (24 hours) to really inspect it/drive it before electronically accept delivery?

*UPDATE* Got a call from my delivery center this AM. My delivery is supposed to be on 3/31, but they asked "if the car passes inspection and we can charge it, would you be willing to pick it up today?" Our city is going on lockdown at 5 PM today. The Quarter ends on 3/31. Some shuffling going on! I asked if I would be able to drive it before I signed the paperwork, and they surprisingly said yes. Fingers crossed. Will report back if it all happens today. My inspection will be THOROUGH!

Spoke to my local delivery center today. They said I should not use my trade-in, apply for financing, and someone would contact me to add trade back in and finalize paperwork. We shall see.
this is what we have done with each of our teslas we have purchased. once we get the vin assigned, I call the showroom or delivery people and or if the People from Vegas call with the MVPA I tell them I want to trade in my car. then it moves quicks. this time they got my trade in done with in one day after I called and someone actually reset the account back and added the trade in. we accepted the the amount in the account like normal and then everything proceed like normal

My delivery was suppose to be 2pm today but nada. I checked online and it now says 3/30 at 6pm. Not cool Tesla. With all the technology and app, I got no call/text/email/app notification, anything! There I was standing on the driveway with a Tesla chuby and got no love.

I think what the other member said was absolutely accurate. Tesla does difficult things very easily but the easy thing become very difficult. They really need to communicate much better. This will be my 3rd delivery, and its been the worse. I do have to admit there are extenuating circumstances, but c’mon, just shoot me a text or put something in the inbox of my app. I’m not hard to find.
I know I’m the only one feeling this way.

I’m still super excited and really hope I don’t get stood up again next week.

My delivery was suppose to be 2pm today but nada. I checked online and it now says 3/30 at 6pm. Not cool Tesla. With all the technology and app, I got no call/text/email/app notification, anything! There I was standing on the driveway with a Tesla chuby and got no love.

I think what the other member said was absolutely accurate. Tesla does difficult things very easily but the easy thing become very difficult. They really need to communicate much better. This will be my 3rd delivery, and its been the worse. I do have to admit there are extenuating circumstances, but c’mon, just shoot me a text or put something in the inbox of my app. I’m not hard to find.
I know I’m the only one feeling this way.

I’m still super excited and really hope I don’t get stood up again next week.

For real.. Ive been postponed 3 times, each time they get my hopes up and just flake. I find myself calling them more often, otherwise I would have gotten stood up. Today supposedly they will delivery the Y to my home but I am not too optimistic..