Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Just in Time MR...11 days delivered.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi All, New to forum!

I’ve read a lot of delivery horror stories which made me totally freak out after finally clicking BUY on 3/14. Strategically I wanted to lock in my MR Red with 19’s just in case something was announced to raise prices etc. at the Model Y event.

After hearing that weekend that the MR was not offered anymore I was expecting a phone call to up-sell or downgrade. I got a call that Monday from Tesla in NYC about some cars they had in stock. Three back and Forth later I told them I would just wait for mine.

Then silence until 3/21 at about 9:30PM saying my delivery appointment was at 3/25 @11:30AM. How exciting that my order was honored and it all was getting done so quick.

Pickup was smooth, sign here go out, sit in the car. Sync the phones...felt like instructions you take before going on a guided adventure, or amusement ride.

Car is just beautifully red. Wanted to balance with some excitement that Tesla is doing a lot right. They treated me well, and the experience was as advertised!

EBC810EC-2B63-495B-8A5B-0739DEA2FDEB.jpeg 74E11A7A-895B-4FB6-8D11-5DBB17F5ABE8.jpeg

Hi All, New to forum!

I’ve read a lot of delivery horror stories which made me totally freak out after finally clicking BUY on 3/14. Strategically I wanted to lock in my MR Red with 19’s just in case something was announced to raise prices etc. at the Model Y event.

After hearing that weekend that the MR was not offered anymore I was expecting a phone call to up-sell or downgrade. I got a call that Monday from Tesla in NYC about some cars they had in stock. Three back and Forth later I told them I would just wait for mine.

Then silence until 3/21 at about 9:30PM saying my delivery appointment was at 3/25 @11:30AM. How exciting that my order was honored and it all was getting done so quick.

Pickup was smooth, sign here go out, sit in the car. Sync the phones...felt like instructions you take before going on a guided adventure, or amusement ride.

Car is just beautifully red. Wanted to balance with some excitement that Tesla is doing a lot right. They treated me well, and the experience was as advertised!

View attachment 391839 View attachment 391837
Congrats...nice color choice!

@JohnnyBRed3,
Great first post and love your MR Red TM3

@MTSN,
Congrats on your MR. You fellas really timed it right on!

@Scubadude,
Got that right...the newness doesn't wear off but only gets better like a classic Cabernet

I wish Elon would release a MR Tesla Y for my wife!
The SR Model Y rated with 230 miles for $39,000
The LR Model Y is rated with 300 miles for $47,000
How 'bout a MR Model Y with 265 miles for $43,000?
I believe this would be a winner!

Btw, here's the link to the Model Y specs
Tesla unveils Model Y electric SUV with 300 miles range and 7-seats