Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Just Joined!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey gang!

Just bought my first Tesla ('18 Model 3 LR AWD) and love it so far. Just wanted to introduce myself and get a feel for this forum. I've been a huge fan of forums for years, and thought they were all but dead with the trend of Facebook Groups. Forums keep information organized, so the same questions don't get asked 100x a day, unlike Facebook which just buries content with mediocre search ability. Its just a steady stream of internet consciousness with the same rookie questions asked every other day.

Like most of the internet, I found the Tesla Facebook Group toxic, full of angry/snarky people just looking for that dopamine hit from an alert. There are helpful folks, but their good will was drowned out by the attention seekers.

Hopefully there's enough traffic here to keep it engaging, glad to be a part of the community.

-Mike
2023-02-14_14-30-11_374.jpeg

Reactions: JHCCAZ
Welcome! Good first post, I'll take the honor of giving your first positive reaction.

TMC is a good forum for sure, but it wouldn't be right to say that it's free of toxic behavior. As long as you're prepared and not too sensitive you'll enjoy it.

I do think that the general level of communication and logical thinking is noticeably higher than most internet commentary. That's true both for those I generally agree with and those I don't. I wish that people wouldn't try so hard to assign posts and authors into polarized camps.

I' was struggling to decode a couple of the characters in your very original handle, then I came over here and now I got it.