Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Just placed 2015 85D

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
IMG_20190330_164112.jpg IMG_20190330_164058.jpg IMG_20190330_164106.jpg IMG_20190330_164049.jpg IMG_20190330_164042.jpg IMG_20190330_164039.jpg IMG_20190330_164034.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20190330_164058.jpg
    IMG_20190330_164058.jpg
    482.4 KB · Views: 108
Reactions: Denila and Don TLR
I’m flying on the red eye to San Diego tomorrow morning for my delivery appointment at 12:30pm. Can’t wait to see my dream car! Will be driving it back home to Dallas. My only concern is wish it had a spare tire!

Nice. It'll be a smooth AP drive back to Dallas. Congrats! Wish you safe travels and hope you'll won't "need" the spare tire. While you are in San Di, don't forget to try a California Burrito; A burrito with French Fries.

Reactions: rafacq
I brought the car in this morning to the Tesla service in Fremont. Man, very disorganized as my appt was 8am. Literally no one was there except the 8+employees, I didn't get assisted till about 8:15am and got out shy of 9am.

Rear bumper scratch: will fix, no questions asked
Front bumper nicks: Offered to courtesy fix it
Rattle: loose panel on dash above steering wheel, $35 to fix. My guess is place an adhesive to it.
Wifi: confirmed there's an issue holding the wifi, will look into issue and fix

A few other service bulletin items will be fixed.

So far so good. Let's see how this plays out.

Nice. It'll be a smooth AP drive back to Dallas. Congrats! Wish you safe travels and hope you'll won't "need" the spare tire. While you are in San Di, don't forget to try a California Burrito; A burrito with French Fries.

Thanks for the tip on the burrito. I love to eat oriental food when I am in CA. Need to try to sleep some tonight. Got to get up before 4AM to be at DFW by 5:30AM.

• Disagree
Reactions: tubaprde
Got it back from the service. Really bad communication on pickup though. The app said it was complete and to come pick it up. But the car wasnt washed. Since it's raining tomorrow, no bigge for me. But the rep was apolgetic.

Pictures of attached fix.
They did fix the dash rattle and DID NOT CHARGE ME.

BUT.... Literally as I was pulling out, autopilot assistant feature not available. Lol.

Pulling back in and as of right now putting it back into service. Maybe I'll get a carwash this time.

IMG_20190404_144650.jpgIMG_20190404_144632.jpg

Also looking for a used tesla... but with all the nightmare people have to go through... it just makes me want to avoid buying used tesla tbh.... save money, time, nerves... it is sad that Tesla really doesn't care about their used cars, why would they even offer used cars if they clearly don't care about their customers... I know, they are not making enough money from used vehicles, maybe that is why they cancelled their CPO programs... clearly shows their attitude... if you want tesla, buy $100k one or f*** off... so disappointed right now , please give a reason to stay positive...

Also looking for a used tesla... but with all the nightmare people have to go through... it just makes me want to avoid buying used tesla tbh.... save money, time, nerves... it is sad that Tesla really doesn't care about their used cars, why would they even offer used cars if they clearly don't care about their customers... I know, they are not making enough money from used vehicles, maybe that is why they cancelled their CPO programs... clearly shows their attitude... if you want tesla, buy $100k one or f*** off... so disappointed right now , please give a reason to stay positive...

My experience wasnt that bad. I'm pretty happy with my purchase as my car came out in really good condition and they fixed the non disclosed scratch, along with the disclosed nick.
Just the communication was horrible, but I could live with that.

You really need to be detailed reviewing the pictures. Mines showed a front bumper nick. The rear bumper must've gotten damage on transport.

But the price I paid was about the price I saw on cars.com and on this forum. The huge plus is the 4 year warranty which from my current experience is a must have.

I'm getting my AP1 camera replaced as I type this up. Had a rattle replaced also. Let's see what else the next 4 years of ownership.

Got it back from the service. Really bad communication on pickup though. The app said it was complete and to come pick it up. But the car wasnt washed. Since it's raining tomorrow, no bigge for me. But the rep was apolgetic.

Pictures of attached fix.
They did fix the dash rattle and DID NOT CHARGE ME.

BUT.... Literally as I was pulling out, autopilot assistant feature not available. Lol.

Pulling back in and as of right now putting it back into service. Maybe I'll get a carwash this time.

View attachment 393799View attachment 393800

Picked my CPO Wednesday.
Had the same autopilot not available issue today. called Tesla, was told It was disabled while it was downloading an update. Went away after about 20 minutes. Got the update installed and now have dog mode.

E81C1630-3CDC-4574-B5AA-E9C7D1C03F15.jpeg

Reactions: Denila
Picked my CPO Wednesday.
Had the same autopilot not available issue today. called Tesla, was told It was disabled while it was downloading an update. Went away after about 20 minutes. Got the update installed and now have dog mode.

View attachment 394296

They are keeping the car over the weekend. Replacing the camera and other misc things to go with it.

How was the condition of your car when you picked it up?

Congrats again and safe travels back!

They are keeping the car over the weekend. Replacing the camera and other misc things to go with it.

How was the condition of your car when you picked it up?

Congrats again and safe travels back!

The car was super clean. No, it’s not cosmetically perfect as it has a few very small paint blemishes from driving, but they are not obvious. None that I could see in the pictures the sent me. I think Tesla should have pointed them clearly in the pictures. But as I said they are very minor and mechanically the car is like new, I mean it had 12,004 miles!

I am a very happy owner!

The car was super clean. No, it’s not cosmetically perfect as it has a few very small paint blemishes from driving, but they are not obvious. None that I could see in the pictures the sent me. I think Tesla should have pointed them clearly in the pictures. But as I said they are very minor and mechanically the car is like new, I mean it had 12,004 miles!

I am a very happy owner!
And a relieved owner, I'll bet, now that the purchase/pickup process is behind you. Congratulations!

Reactions: rafacq
I really appreciate this thread. I've been looking to purchase a 2015 85D with 35K miles or less. Wanting Pearl White on Black. One in particular I've been watching has awful pictures. I mean awful! Bad lighting, etc etc. Also, the car has three "clean air" CA Stickers on the bumper. Anyone know if those come off without causing damage?

I really appreciate this thread. I've been looking to purchase a 2015 85D with 35K miles or less. Wanting Pearl White on Black. One in particular I've been watching has awful pictures. I mean awful! Bad lighting, etc etc. Also, the car has three "clean air" CA Stickers on the bumper. Anyone know if those come off without causing damage?

The stickers are difficult to come off, but can be done without damage. You will pull as much off and then use goo gone for the rest. If you aren't in a hurry, try with the theory of end of the quarter push. So something is June. Screenshot the ones you are interested with vin info, this way you can monitor the price fluctuations. I found Sunday evenings/Monday mornings were the best price. Good luck

Thanks so much. That’s very helpful. I would have already bought it if it had the 19” silver cyclone rims. It has 21” gray turbine (just not my style) I’m in Real Estate and sometimes go on some pretty rough roads. Any idea how hard it is to find a used set of cyclones? I looked around and haven’t seen much.

I’ve been watching it for two weeks and have seen the price drop by almost 4K already. Pretty crazy.