Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Just placed 2015 85D

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2015 Tesla Model S 5YJSA1E24FF120318 | False, Fa | Tesla

Looks pretty clean minus a nick to the bumper.

Let's see how bad the Tesla service is since I've clicked the BUY...

Title: corporate vehicle. From the sound/looks of it, company owned for a VP to drive. Thought I'd be a loaner vehicle but friend mentioned it would detail Tesla services on the vehicle Carfax

Build date: 12/2015
Sold date 01/06/2016

Model S 85D
All-Wheel Drive
Pearl White Multi-Coat Paint
All Glass Panoramic Roof
19" Wheels
Black Next Generation Seats
Carbon Fiber Décor
Black Alcantara Headliner
Free Supercharging
Autopilot Hardware 1 with Convenience Features
Premium Interior and Lighting
Standard Suspension
Ultra High Fidelity Sound
Subzero Weather Package

Hi congrats! Looks looks like it's got all the bells and whistles!

Sold date 01/06/2016 ...did Tesla tell you somewhere that the warranty clock starts ticking on the sold date (originally) or build date?

Didn't ask; that was the date per carfax. I think the current 4 year warranty kicks in over the existing. Since its local, I hope it's a quick turn around. I would think if they want to close out this quarter quick.

Didn't ask; that was the date per carfax. I think the current 4 year warranty kicks in over the existing. Since its local, I hope it's a quick turn around. I would think if they want to close out this quarter quick.
Yeah it should be the original sale date if it's like any other car company, however a Tesla SA once told me it was not... but I've leaned to take what they say with a grain of salt.

So far so good. Heard from my sales rep this AM to say congratulations. He also gave me the next steps that an advisor will reach out to to me shorty to coordinate the pickup. Turn around time should be about 7 days. Let's see how this goes... I think they are pushing to close out 3rd qtr?

Reactions: Zishan
2015 Tesla Model S 5YJSA1E24FF120318 | False, Fa | Tesla

Looks pretty clean minus a nick to the bumper.

Let's see how bad the Tesla service is since I've clicked the BUY...

Title: corporate vehicle. From the sound/looks of it, company owned for a VP to drive. Thought I'd be a loaner vehicle but friend mentioned it would detail Tesla services on the vehicle Carfax

Sold date 01/06/2016

Model S 85D
All-Wheel Drive
Pearl White Multi-Coat Paint
All Glass Panoramic Roof
19" Wheels
Black Next Generation Seats
Carbon Fiber Décor
Black Alcantara Headliner
Free Supercharging
Autopilot Hardware 1 with Convenience Features
Premium Interior and Lighting
Standard Suspension
Ultra High Fidelity Sound
Subzero Weather Package

Forgot to mention inconsistent up and down on Tesla's pricing. Attached is the screenshot when I noticed the vehicle. 3 weeks later, attached is the price I paid. I would've waited another week, but I'm actually in need of a car rather soon.
Just some tips for potential buyers. These cars have a 3+month turn around time based on my analysis. I used the carfax date as the start point (+3 year lease) and used that as a gauge how long its been listing for. My guess is this was listed sometime in Jan 2019 and priced probably a lot higher. I noticed it Feb 25 and screen shot the price and VIN. Throughout this time it disappeared twice and the price was either down on Mondays, and drifts up through the week. When it disappears, itll pop back up a few days later. (Stupid Tesla tactics to make you feel you missed out and you make a buy decision based on the next search).

Hope this helps future buyers; DONT OVERPAY!
I also feel the price drop was due to pushing end of the qtr sales numbers.

I wouldve went private, but I couldn't find anybody within Tesla used pricing; factoring in $3k value for the warranty. My guess is I'll go through a few door handles within 4 years. Aren't these $500/ handle? I'll use the sunroof often, so I'm guessing that'll have plenty of issues.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190318-135552.png
    Screenshot_20190318-135552.png
    217.9 KB · Views: 160
  • Screenshot_20190228-073612.png
    Screenshot_20190228-073612.png
    225.9 KB · Views: 142
  • Informative
Reactions: Zishan and tubaprde
I just got a text this morning saying the car should arrive in Fremont 3/22 between 6pm-8pm. So far so good. Very scared on the condition of the vehicle. Pictures look fine but who knows...

On the plus side, you are local. If you walk away, you can claim the misrepresentation, and hopefully get your deposit back.

Good luck, I'd be too excited/anxious to sleep the next 2 nights....

Glad you are seeing movement. I ordered mine Sunday, I’m in GA and car was already in GA, and other than two boilerplate emails I’ve gotten no status. After begging for an update I get a message last night that it can take 2 weeks and that the car is still waiting to be assigned to a carrier to move it from it’s current location. Somewhat annoying...

Glad you are seeing movement. I ordered mine Sunday, I’m in GA and car was already in GA, and other than two boilerplate emails I’ve gotten no status. After begging for an update I get a message last night that it can take 2 weeks and that the car is still waiting to be assigned to a carrier to move it from it’s current location. Somewhat annoying...

Extremely similar vague bs they tried to pull on me! Here was my correspondence... (read it from bottom up)

To: Tesla,

This is a disappointing response. I’ve already paid Tesla a $2500 deposit on $45k vehicle which is supposed to be local. As you can imagine with a purchase of this size I’ve invested significant time and effort in making my decision. I expect a modicum of customer service in response. To date, another representative has already reached out to try to up sell me to a new vehicle I do not want. You have taken my purportedly non-refundable deposit and yet have provided not even the vaguest timeline of when I can inspect and purchase the vehicle. This is not how I hoped to begin my relationship with Tesla.

Sincerely,

clip_image001.gif

On Mon, Feb 11, 2019 at 8:53 AM

Yes, but we have to give them some time to transport the vehicle to our Delivery Center. Please allow sometime for this to be completed. I will reach out to you once the vehicle arrives. Thanks

Sent: Friday, February 8, 2019 5:14 PM

Subject: Re: Interior Pictures

Is the car not located in the San Francisco Bay Area?

On Fri, Feb 8, 2019 at 5:08 PM

Please allow sometime for the vehicle to arrive, I will advise once the vehicle has arrived and we can schedule you for delivery. Thank you.

Sent: Friday, February 8, 2019 4:40 PM

Subject: Re: Interior Pictures

Thanks for sending. Can I pick it up this weekend? thanks

Just got an email confirming delivery tomorrow. But have not heard from anyone, so I don't know how much to cut the check for. Also, it stated delivery to my house which I thought it was supposed to be pickup at the center. Odd. Sales rep thinks it's a glitch message pertaining to the new vehicle delivery.

Now here is the issue.

03/20/2019, I get a text stating my vehicle is tentatively scheduled for delivery 3/22/2019 from 6-8pm

Confused as I expected a few weeks before I would get contacted, I sent the screenshot to my sales advisor. He was confused also and told me to disregard it.

03/21/2019, 10:15am, I get another text to follow email instructions to confirm delivery.

03/21/2019, 11:49am, I receive an to confirm delivery which I did.

03/21/2019, 5:16pm, I receive an email from a delivery advisor introducing himself along with telling me he will reach out when my vehicle is ready to be picked up.

I responded back within 5 minutes from the email informing him that I thought I coordinated with the delivery team this AM. I have not heard back.

Confused, so I called the number that was on the text and they confirmed with me that everything is scheduled for delivery at my house.

A few minutes later, the lady called me back and said she is unsure what is going on and to contact my delivery advisor. Also gave me two managers to email; which I did.

This was about 7pm. No word yet from anyone. Sheesh.. Started off good, and now veering off ...

I will be in the market for a 2015-16 MS sometime this year and really appreciate your taking the time to share a blow-by-blow account of how it's playing out. Sounds like a bit of a circus, although I'm betting it will all be forgotten post-delivery. May the Force be with you!

This is hilarious.
Just got a call about 30 minutes ago stating they are delivering me my car right now. No advance notice at all. So frustrating. The delivery guy on the phone did not sound surprised that I was not notified.

I asked him to take a look at the car and see if there are any nicks or dings. He found a scratch. I told him to check with someone that they are going to fix it. 5 minutes later he called and said they will fix it. Word of mouth.. who knows. Said I'd get an email; but didn't.

Literally scrambling to make payments now.

Now waiting 30 minutes as I type this to let ya'll know this the horrible communication on my experience.

Been tied up with work.
Took delivery Tuesday evening around 8pm. It was literally a drop off and the deliver guy hailed an uber.

The car came out in very good condition. There was a non disclosed index size gash on the rear bumper that Tesla said they would repair. I have an appt this Tuesday to do so.

The condition of the car surprised me as I expected the worse. It turned out really good. The small rock chip isnt really noticeable but I'll see if they can touch that up since they are repairing the scratch on the rear bumper.

The interior: not a great job cleaning it up. Still had crumbs in the edges. Some areas could've been wiped down better. The rear seats looked really new. Sucks the car seat will ruin it.

70 point inspection garbage: one of the key fobs didn't work; it was the battery. Wtf?

There are some items I'll see if they can address. The driver door panel has a depession where you would put your left elbow while driving. You can't see it, but feel it every time you put you elbow there. The front seat rattles somehow when you shuffle around.

I really wanted a P, but I think the car is quick enough for me. Bay area traffic sucks anyways; and it's mainly the wife's car. But a P wouldve been nice. Just couldn't find a white on black P at a fair price.

For the quickness and the price, I'm pretty happy. I inputted the vin in Carfax values under good and it came up as $53.9.

I'll update pictures soon.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190330-090706.png
    Screenshot_20190330-090706.png
    347.9 KB · Views: 84