Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Just spoke to a SA today regarding delivery to Los Angeles

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Spoke with our SA on 11/14 and he said that we are still looking at December for deliveries..
I informed him we would be out of town Dec 13-23rd on vacation and he said he would note that and worst/best(?) case scenario we will have it ready to pick up by December 24th when we get back (that's if it isn't ready earlier in December)

Ordered 10/12 at Tesla dealership in OC, CA. (LR AWD - Wht/Wht - FSD - 19" rims)

• Informative
Reactions: tren01t
For those of you in Los Angeles, has anyone received a VIN recently? I ordered my LR AWD White/White with 19” rims on October 28 at the Americana store. I completed the Tesla financing at that time based on the recommendation of my SA. I am picking up my car at the Burbank center. It has been crickets since October 30 when I accepted the terms of the loan. Thanks.

For those of you in Los Angeles, has anyone received a VIN recently? I ordered my LR AWD White/White with 19” rims on October 28 at the Americana store. I completed the Tesla financing at that time based on the recommendation of my SA. I am picking up my car at the Burbank center. It has been crickets since October 30 when I accepted the terms of the loan. Thanks.
I got delivery on 11/29. Ordered on 10/13.

I think it's close but maybe another week for you. That would be my guess.

I have the exact same order and did the financing a week after we placed out order. Sales agent still does not have a date for us. We were contacted about switching to the stealth but I did not want to give up all the upgrades and we were really set on the white interior.

Ordered in Orange County, CA 10/12 LR AWD Wht/Wht 19" w/ Full Self Driving.

Yup goin' crazy over here as well. Ordered on 10/11. SR+ white/black aero. No Vin, no news, a crabby SA. I am taking each day as this could be the one they are making my car and then it's only a couple of days for me to have it. Any day now. It has to be.
Yes, another 10/11 here, but a LR AWD. My SA was about to scream at me when I called him today. Then again, I was about to scream at him. After months of telling us possible delivery dates, months, etc., they finally turn around and complain they really know nothing.

Reactions: AZjohnInCA
Yes, another 10/11 here, but a LR AWD. My SA was about to scream at me when I called him today. Then again, I was about to scream at him. After months of telling us possible delivery dates, months, etc., they finally turn around and complain they really know nothing.

So here is the thing. I love seeing all the people get Vins and pick up their cars. It makes this waiting like it can happen to me any day now, but it's also good to know that i'm not forgotten or the only one with a 49 +/- days. We are in this, a lot of us just the same. Some get luckier and take a car beating the odds. but it will happen. I stopped checking my Vin hourly. I do it 2x now. :) Cheers everyone. Tesla's for everyone pls.

So here is the thing. I love seeing all the people get Vins and pick up their cars. It makes this waiting like it can happen to me any day now, but it's also good to know that i'm not forgotten or the only one with a 49 +/- days. We are in this, a lot of us just the same. Some get luckier and take a car beating the odds. but it will happen. I stopped checking my Vin hourly. I do it 2x now. :) Cheers everyone. Tesla's for everyone pls.

Yes, I figure I am just unlucky as I am in the Bay Area (we are always the last of the last) - but there are lots of people here getting cars even with orders after mine! Sometimes I think they have forgotten my order, but I get over that quickly.

I wouldn't mind either, but the growling SAs are not really appropriate.

I check about 2x a day now too!;);)

I ordered on October 20 (white, aero wheels, LR) for delivery in Marina del Rey, CA. I was told in mid-November that I was looking at a mid-December delivery. Then last week when I went in to buy a Wall Connector I was told (when I asked) it was more likely to be early-December. Yay! But, that guy seemed a bit aloof so not sure I trust that. Not a peep since then and no VIN assigned. I am in no way criticizing Tesla, I was told 6-10 weeks when I ordered. 10 weeks would be the last week in December.

Reactions: Csamika
I ordered on October 20 (white, aero wheels, LR) for delivery in Marina del Rey, CA. I was told in mid-November that I was looking at a mid-December delivery. Then last week when I went in to buy a Wall Connector I was told (when I asked) it was more likely to be early-December. Yay! But, that guy seemed a bit aloof so not sure I trust that. Not a peep since then and no VIN assigned. I am in no way criticizing Tesla, I was told 6-10 weeks when I ordered. 10 weeks would be the last week in December.
You giving me hope. I ordered 10/11. picking up at MDR too. (no Vin as of yet)

Well, today is 12/1 and I haven’t heard of anything since this text:

“Update on your delivery timing: We expect your Model 3 to exit the factory and arrive at your delivery center between 11/23 and 12/1. Please look out for further communication when it is time to schedule your delivery appointment.”
Im really hoping to hear something tomorrow...

Reactions: skydreamerjae