Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Just taken delivery of new Model 3 Tesla Performance

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just joined the club - super happy. Quick summary of ups and downs:

1) Collection experience wasn't great (Dartford). The staff were lovely but the whole Tesla experience felt like I was going to a second hand care warehouse. I mean not even a drink offered when sitting in their welcome area. Come on guys, the cars are great but it should be a better experience. I would even settle for more than 30% charge in the car (instant range anxiety!!)

2) The Car - OMG. The speed took my breath away. The car was fantastic. Wireless phone charging in the front. Woo hoo

3) The motorway. Cameras wouldnt calibrate. Clicking on cameras shows one is not working. Oh man, a world of pain getting that fixed. Felt like Tesla are using its customers for its own QA process. Spoilt that feel good experience TBH

4) The family. Scared the **** out of them with the acceleration. They loved it!

5) The UK charging network. Day one was just pure anxiety. First one broken, second one charging half its theoretical speed (no other cars there), third one app not working and then back to Brighton (UK) which has 1 fast charger for the whole city with the majority of chargers delivering 3KW. Agghh

Car is amazing, just feel like a super early adopter.

Just joined the club - super happy. Quick summary of ups and downs:

1) Collection experience wasn't great (Dartford). The staff were lovely but the whole Tesla experience felt like I was going to a second hand care warehouse. I mean not even a drink offered when sitting in their welcome area. Come on guys, the cars are great but it should be a better experience. I would even settle for more than 30% charge in the car (instant range anxiety!!)

Part is covid most likely - I actually liked the experience because it was so fast and I didn't have to sit in that little "finance room" like other dealerships while they pound me to by tire warranty, interior coating, and who knows what while I spend 2-4 hours at the dealership. Picking up my Tesla was like 20 minutes an I was out of there. :D

2) The Car - OMG. The speed took my breath away. The car was fantastic. Wireless phone charging in the front. Woo hoo

It takes most everyone by surprise. Occasionally makes me mildly and momentarily car sick due to every ounce of fluid in my body moving towards the back of the car.

3) The motorway. Cameras wouldnt calibrate. Clicking on cameras shows one is not working. Oh man, a world of pain getting that fixed. Felt like Tesla are using its customers for its own QA process. Spoilt that feel good experience TBH

Seems like there is a bad batch of cameras, cables or dude installing them because quite a number of us who took delivery in the past few weeks have at least one camera that isn't working.

5) The UK charging network. Day one was just pure anxiety. First one broken, second one charging half its theoretical speed (no other cars there), third one app not working and then back to Brighton (UK) which has 1 fast charger for the whole city with the majority of chargers delivering 3KW. Agghh

Two supercharger sites in my town, one is only 15 minutes away - I also had a Nema 14-50 installed in my garage which is getting me just under 50 km of distance per hour of charging - though I haven't really needed it that much yet.

CONGRATS!!

Congrats! Yes it is a fun car to drive. Just hit my 2 year anniversary and still feels as fun to drive as on Day 1.

I know you guys have access to CCS charging overseas. Were these charging station issues from Tesla Superchargers or other company’s chargers?

Hope your camera issue gets resolved quickly. Maybe just a loose connection.

Yeah covid has eliminated places here from even having dispenser drinks in some places or other self serve things. Just easier and probably safer for all concerned right now.

Above all Enjoy!!