Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Just tried to order Tesla Solar and it’s not “available” in my area. Now what?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It’s not a secret, my installed PV only system which consisted of 31 QCell 405 watt panels (12.5 kWh) with Enphase IQ8A Inverters and associated Enphase hardware cost me just at $52K. It was commissioned on Sept 20th 2023 and I received my PTO from AMEREN IP the next day on Sept 21st 2023. So far the system has performed as designed. I can see it easily producing 25% MORE electricity in a year than I consume. We were thinking of adding batteries but given how stable our power has been we will hold off (hoping for better battery tech and lower cost).

Hope that helps.

• Informative
Reactions: sunwarriors
It’s not a secret, my installed PV only system which consisted of 31 QCell 405 watt panels (12.5 kWh) with Enphase IQ8A Inverters and associated Enphase hardware cost me just at $52K. It was commissioned on Sept 20th 2023 and I received my PTO from AMEREN IP the next day on Sept 21st 2023. So far the system has performed as designed. I can see it easily producing 25% MORE electricity in a year than I consume. We were thinking of adding batteries but given how stable our power has been we will hold off (hoping for better battery tech and lower cost).

Hope that helps.
That does help, a lot. Was the $52k after rebates?

I have just received a quote for $61k ($42k after rebates) for 15.3kW system with a PowerWall3, and I'm trying to determine if that's a good price or not.

Edit: I think I could DIY an equivalent system for well under $20k, after rebates, no battery. But that brings it's own hassles!

No, I got the full ITC and $11,700 from the IL Shines SREC. My total credits came to about $28K. We needed to start taking our RMD's so I just paid off the loans so my system is OURS. Yea
MhV71Bh.jpg

• Love
Reactions: DougNuts