Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Keeping the exterior clean in winter?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was something of a "car guy" 20 years ago in college but since then I saw cars as tools to accomplish a job. Until I got my 3, now I'm back on the wagon (or off the wagon? I can never remember) and I care about everything little thing on the car and want it to be perfect.

Which leads me to my question. The car has ceramic and front PPF, and I'm curious what people do to keep their car clean in the winter when it's cold out? My car is garaged but my garage is very small and unheated. With the door closed there's about 5 inches of space in the front and back, so doing a waterless wash in there isn't viable. I know it's somewhat protected but I don't like having the salt build up on there regardless.

What do people do in these situations? I live in Jersey so not as cold as some places but definitely plenty cold.

For my past cars I used to pay a monthly fee for one of the local automatic car washes places with unlimited washes, it was easy to run thru anytime I needed a wash. Ever since I got my M3 in August (which does not have ceramic or PPF) I use the waterless spray method and every other week I take it to a local hand wash place if it gets really dirty or to get the salt off. My car is garaged but not heated and enough room to use the waterless spray. I live in Chicago so roughly the same weather as you.