Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ken/Kent/Kerry Beauchrt/Beuchert/Beuchrt/Biker/Rider/Krider

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We all know that level 3 will be required for public stations. We also know that gas stations are the only locations that make economic
sense - that's where they're all going to end up anyway. Why on Earth should we throw away all that infrastructure just because
cars get electrified? Are the Feds concentrating on gas stations or are they giving utility companies recharge point monopolies?
Level 2 (and below) is charging for either the home, or public locations where the vehicle would be parked for a
considerable period of time while the owner goes about their business. To justify themselves, expensive charging stations that have
been proposed have to be able to service more than a few cars per day.
I also see no reason why there should be a variety of incompatible plugs. Here is an instance (one of the few) where the
Federal government has a responsibility to bring order out of chaos and impose a standard. Of course, that risks yet another brainless
Federal decision. Better the Feds force all the interested parties (utilities, automakers, etc.) to make the choice.

The development program is on schedule, regardless of any disappointment you might (for some unknown reason) experience.
The car is on the road, and has been videotaped. Interior details are plentiful. I don't know how you missed them, not that the interior
is all that important. I have no doubt that any company that can do as good a job as it's done on the all-important power system, chassis,
etc. will not find themselves overly strained to produce an acceptable interior. Your disappointment is misplaced.

"Are there any cost advantages to making a EV as opposed to an ICE vehicle? Does an electric engine costs less to produce than an ICE? "
They are called electric motors, not engines. The biggest cost item for an electric has always been the batteries. Aside from that any electric
vehicle contains several thousand fewer parts than a comparable ICE powered vehicle. Therefore an electric car, disregarding the batteries, is
far more cost-efficient. They are also far more reliable, for much the same reasons. There are literally hundreds of parts in an ICE drivetrain
whose failure would derail the vehicle. And there is practically no maintenance required for an electric. If there had been a practical battery
back before WWI, Henry Ford would never have attempted to build a gas powered car. Ford himself tried, along with Edison, to build an electric
car during the twenties, but failed. His wife always drove an electric. A cheap, fast recharging battery would make every ICE powered vehicle
immediately obsolete. It would be like the movie business when talkies came out - silent films immediately became obsolete and were stored
in vaults.

The development program is on schedule, regardless of any disappointment you might (for some unknown reason) experience.
The car is on the road, and has been videotaped. Interior details are plentiful. I don't know how you missed them, not that the interior
is all that important. I have no doubt that any company that can do as good a job as it's done on the all-important power system, chassis,
etc. will not find themselves overly strained to produce an acceptable interior. Your disappointment is misplaced.

Who is this geared toward? Well, regardless of who it's to, it's completely selfish and ignorant. Who are you to say that someone's disappointment is misplaced? If someone doesn't like something, then they don't, that's it.

Well, it was interesting while it lasted, but the lack of interaction limited any real fun. theBike45's posts were starting to irritate members, so I went ahead with a ban. As a well known troll it wasn't a question of if, but when. And when turns out to be now.

Some of his posts and their responses will get moved (quarantined) to this thread. Like a virus he might mutate and try to come back. Feel free to report any suspicious activity. ;)

Cheers!

Well, it was interesting while it lasted, but the lack of interaction limited any real fun. theBike45's posts were starting to irritate members, so I went ahead with a ban. As a well known troll it wasn't a question of if, but when. And when turns out to be now.

Some of his posts and their responses will get moved (quarantined) to this thread. Like a virus he might mutate and try to come back. Feel free to report any suspicious activity. ;)

Cheers!

I was wondering how long his stay was going to be. :)

This thread is pure internet win.

That is some mighty fine detective work over the last few years TEG.
You are an awesome troll hunter. This thread should serve as an example of what is required to smoke out a rather "clever" troll.

Until I realized this guys posts were moved I thought he was threadjackung himself.

I really liked that guys amazon reviews page.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/cdp/member..._pdp_rev_all?ie=UTF8&sort_by=MostRecentReview

Pretty amazing this guy has been doing this crap for 4 years now and it's even creative with his usernames. He's still theBike45 over there too. He must just cut and paste from something. His posts always have messed up paragraphs. Soon theBike46 will be on his way though.

Last edited:
I am tempted to edit that first post and see if I can fix the title, but I will wait for the site administrators to take a look first to see if they can tell how it got changed. Someone seems to be "messing with me". The Google cache showing the original title seems to be a snapshot from May 20, so it looks like this got changed in the past week or so. Hopefully the site owner has some sort of change log they can review to figure out how it was changed.

Last edited: