Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Kerbed Alloy Wheels - Touch-Up Paint

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If anyone is looking for a paint match to Model 3 Standard Range + Aero alloy wheels, I can recommend this from Amazon:

ANTHRACITE ALLOY WHEEL TOUCH UP KIT REPAIR KIT
madAUTO ANTHRACITE ALLOY WHEEL TOUCH UP KIT REPAIR KIT PAINT PEN BRUSH CURBING SCRATCH (JUST PAINT) : Amazon.co.uk: Automotive

I've uploaded a photo of my 'repair' to a scuffed wheel. Although it looks a bit rough in the picture, you actually have to look quite hard to find it and I'd say the paint is an almost perfect match.

Tip: I found that the brush supplied is a bit small plus paint builds up in the handle and 'blobbed' out so I used an old plastic lid to put a dollop of paint in then used a normal craft paint brush to apply it :eek:)
Is the 2021 cloud the same as previous 18in wheels?

Has anyone definitively resolved the question of an exact paint for the alloy underneath the 18” aero wheels?? Subjectively it’s lighter than the dark grey of the aero cover, and slightly darker than the light grey of the same (thanks Tesla). If there isn’t a specific match then I suspect a mix of the two colours in the aero touch up kit will be as good as anything. From what I can tell, the 3 suggestions have been:
Sonic Carbon (looks too dark to me)
Ford Dark Shadow Grey Cx
PMTG Dolphin Grey.
This is for an early 2020 model 3 - ie pre facelift - I gather they changed the colour at this point (thanks again Tesla!)
Andrew