Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Kilowatts hour?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I know I am being a bit pedantic, but it seems to me this is something Tesla, of all companies, should get right. I charge at a commercial charger frequently, and it always texts me a message like: "The cost was $4.37 for adding 39.752 kWh. Your vehicle...". When I have the car read me the text message, it says ..."thirty nine point seven five two kilowatts hour". Maybe somewhere in the world its called that, but everywhere I've been in the English speaking world, it's "kilowatt-hours". Doesn't Tesla have something to do with electricity and all that? Shouldn't they know how to pluralize a basic unit of energy? The car is totally awesome, but it should really speak better English.

I think either phrase implies kilowatts x hours. Where you choose to put the "s" doesn't matter since either may be plural (multiple kilowatts or multiple hours or both). But you are correct that the commonly used term is kilowatt-hours, only because kilowatt comes first.