Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

"Ready for Delivery" at order time?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Placed an order for a "Ready for Delivery" MY a week ago. Received VIN immediately, completed all app tasks available within an hour. App won't let me schedule a pickup date, just keeps saying "Check Back Later" with an estimated delivery of current date-7 days later. I have sent messages to the text message help center several times inquiring about the issue and they keep telling me "you have to just wait until you get a notification to schedule delivery". (on a side note, is it just me or are the people on that chat just generally extremely rude?)

Has anyone had something similar happen? Does it mean there's something wrong with the car I bought? I wouldn't have minded a wait if the expectation had been set up front, but since it was ready for delivery I assumed it was actually ready. I sold my car and took out new insurance for it, and now I'm just stuck waiting with no timeline or reasoning. I don't even know if I should go pickup a rental car while I wait since there's literally zero timeline communication. It's frustrating to realize I literally have no recourse or options, I just have to sit and wait with zero information. Anyone else experience something similar? Any ideas or suggestions?

Did the same thing, got the same thing in April. My friend I was screen sharing with plugged his car in so we could pick it up the next day. Like you, I had a VIN but couldn’t get a pick up date/time for several hours.

Found out ready for delivery was code for; Loading your Tesla on the train in Austin.

When I finally got a delivery date it was 10 days away on a Tuesday. The delivery location was 40 miles away in LA traffic so I rescheduled for Friday morning, which worked with our schedule.

A couple days later Tesla got snarky with me threatening to “ re-assign the VIN “ if I didn’t come get it right away. I pointed out I had put $25,250 down on the MY, I will be there on Friday.

Upvote 0
A couple days later Tesla got snarky with me threatening to “ re-assign the VIN “ if I didn’t come get it right away. I pointed out I had put $25,250 down on the MY, I will be there on Friday.
I think they send that automatically or something. I got the same message only hours after the first notification of me needing to schedule the pick up.

Reactions: fholbert
Upvote 0
So I called regarding another vehicle that was available for delivery to see if I could switch. While looking for it, the agent was able to look up my car and while it was indeed at the dealership, it's on a "parts hold" (and had been since the moment I'd placed the order). Code for it was damaged and needed to be fixed, but they didn't want to tell me that. Was able to swap to another "ready for delivery" car and schedule pick up for tomorrow.

Reactions: ewoodrick
Upvote 0