Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Koni Sport (yellow) installed!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Another data point on Konis. One of the rear shocks is faulty. It's apparent when jacking up the car, with every pump of the jack the wheel hits the pavement with a thump. Typically you don't hear a wheel make a sound when jacking up a car. When I was turning up the rebound to two full turns, I also noticed hissing noises inside. I presume it wasn't blead correctly at the factory or some internal seal failed and there is air in the damper.

Koni does offer an advance shock replacement, so you don't have to send the shock in right away; You pay 50% of MSRP and you get it back when you return your shock. I guess you have to be certain it's shot. I'm waiting to see how good this warranty service is. I tried calling this in on Friday and there wasn't anyone there so I submitted a claim via email. I got a call back on Monday afternnon, paid up and the shock is supposed to ship my way on Tuesday.

Got Koni Reds (Special Active) installed in Manassas VA. ($300 install + $100 alignment, shipped directly from Tire Rack (authorized installer)).

Car: 2019 Model 3 Performance (stock performance springs from 2019 used)

Review: Better comfort for sure than stock. Can tell when shocks firm up on the highway compared to around town.

Going back to cut the bump stops in half, hopefully that will help with ride quality even more. Forgot to request the installer to cut them while it was at the shop. @LightSaber hopefully the ride quality improves.

I'm tuning my Koni Sportss. Went from MPP comfort coilovers to Konis. Put stock springs on (2019 M3P).
Tried full open, rebound is way too fast; half turn on the rears, still feels fast. Not sure when I'll have a time window to add another half turn. Trimmed the bump stops to 2/3 length on the rear. There should probably be a thread of settings once enough folks put the Koni Sports on.

Happy to be back up to stock ride height for now.

_MK
did the MPP comfort have a more comfortable/compliant ride than Koni? I have yellow on MY and I wouldn’t say it is that much more comfortable than stock although it is more controlled.

I can’t say
did the MPP comfort have a more comfortable/compliant ride than Koni? I have yellow on MY and I wouldn’t say it is that much more comfortable than stock although it is more controlled.
At this point I will say yes. That's because I've had a trying experience with the Konis. I tried dialining in the setup until I realized one of the shocks was faulty. The replacement has arrived and it's better but the setup is far from dialed in and at this point I'm tired of f***ing with the shocks. The MPP setup was turnkey, set the ride height, install, drive. It wasn't perfect but it was a better experience than Konis thus far. I will get inspiration, I'm sure, to continue on wiht Konis.

_MK

• Informative
Reactions: tm1v2