Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

H&R Springs and Koni Yellow Shocks Installed

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
On a 2023 Model Y LR 7 seater. I was advised that the "rake" on Eibach springs would be exascerbated on a 7 seater because of the heavier rear end, and Dinan is also made by Eibach, so H&R was one of the only remaining options. I was nervous because of the big drop but turned out to be just right visually and in feel. Front and rear wheel gap is virtually the same at 1 1/2 finger widths (don't have any measurements). Tire is tucked into the wheel arch about an inch horizontally, and I don't care for the hellaflush look at the moment, so not bothering with spacers yet. The springs do not feel that much stiffer/stronger than stock, and is really up to where the shocks are set.

The Koni shocks were initially set to 1 full turn front and rear (out of 2 full turns range). This was a pretty stiff sporty ride. Minimal lean on turns and braking, but bumps were more harsh. Turned the front down to 3/4 from soft, which was still firm but more comfortable. Then down to 1/2 both front and rear, which feels a lot better as a compromise of comfort and sportiness. I also tried full soft on the front, which was really floaty and felt close to stock. At any setting higher than full soft, there is much less floatiness and oscillation than stock. Bumps are muted and rebound (oscillations) is more controlled, leading to less motion sickness. It doesn't eliminate the feel of road imperfections but does smooth out the impact.

Alignment doesn't seem that bad. Toe is close to zero all around. -1.4 camber front left, -0.8 camber front right, -2 camber each rear left and right.

For my goal of improving comfort and sportiness I would give it a totally subjective 30-40% improvement and "worth it."

Last edited:
I'm planning on going the same route with my 7 seater as well.

Can you post pics of how it sits now?

Thanks

before and after.
IMG_1709.jpeg
IMG_1710.png

Album done by EAS who installed

Thanks for posting. At some point I would like to do some suspension mods. The drop from your set up is a tad low for my personal preference. I'm also concerned about rubbing as I am running 20x10 ET40 with 275/40 tires square set up. I presume that you haven't noticed any rubbing yet?

Thanks for posting. At some point I would like to do some suspension mods. The drop from your set up is a tad low for my personal preference. I'm also concerned about rubbing as I am running 20x10 ET40 with 275/40 tires square set up. I presume that you haven't noticed any rubbing yet?
No rubbing with 255/45-20 tires on 20x9 ET34. There is plenty of space probably 2" from the tire to the fender edge. I've had the mud flaps scrape on several bumps (will be switching these flaps out) without rubbing the tires. The shop had other cars on coilovers that were even lower. You can look into the Dinan springs, they are way cheaper and milder drop, but seems uncommon so it may be hard to find people who have them.

before and after. View attachment 998829View attachment 998828

Album done by EAS who installed

That looks good! I bet driving feel is much more controlled. The feeling of road imperfections should always be pronounced. allows you as a driver to react, otherwise we would become numb not expecting certain scenarios leading to false assumptions.

Reactions: YisSerL
I ended up at 3/4 turn (from soft) on the front shocks and 1/2 turn on the rear. It’s a pretty even feel front and back. Feels controlled with minimal upset over bumps. Still has good turning response (at settings lower than 3/4 on the front will be spongy and take a second to respond to the steering wheel turning). If I didn’t want the most comfort for having family in the car with me most times, I could do 1 turn front and 1 turn rear for fun firmness.

Reactions: tom @ eas
On a 2023 Model Y LR 7 seater. I was advised that the "rake" on Eibach springs would be exascerbated on a 7 seater because of the heavier rear end, and Dinan is also made by Eibach, so H&R was one of the only remaining options. I was nervous because of the big drop but turned out to be just right visually and in feel. Front and rear wheel gap is virtually the same at 1 1/2 finger widths (don't have any measurements). Tire is tucked into the wheel arch about an inch horizontally, and I don't care for the hellaflush look at the moment, so not bothering with spacers yet. The springs do not feel that much stiffer/stronger than stock, and is really up to where the shocks are set.

The Koni shocks were initially set to 1 full turn front and rear (out of 2 full turns range). This was a pretty stiff sporty ride. Minimal lean on turns and braking, but bumps were more harsh. Turned the front down to 3/4 from soft, which was still firm but more comfortable. Then down to 1/2 both front and rear, which feels a lot better as a compromise of comfort and sportiness. I also tried full soft on the front, which was really floaty and felt close to stock. At any setting higher than full soft, there is much less floatiness and oscillation than stock. Bumps are muted and rebound (oscillations) is more controlled, leading to less motion sickness. It doesn't eliminate the feel of road imperfections but does smooth out the impact.

Alignment doesn't seem that bad. Toe is close to zero all around. -1.4 camber front left, -0.8 camber front right, -2 camber each rear left and right.

For my goal of improving comfort and sportiness I would give it a totally subjective 30-40% improvement and "worth it."
Did you buy the springs and shocks online?

Did you buy the springs and shocks online?
We have both in stock:

Reactions: WyoDude