Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

kW max value live?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone know if the kW max value is live? In other words, does the Telsa Nav’s value for the Supercharger max charging speed represent what is current available or just what the max was when the station was installed (and thus a static value)?

Reason I ask I just left a station that said 120kW and all I was drawing was around half that. My car was only 50% charged and I was on two different stalls where there was no “sharing” of the charge. Finally I will say that the charge started at 110 kW for a few minutes, but then dropped quickly.

Thoughts?

at 50% charge, that's about the right amount. You'll only get close to 120kW during a brief period in the beginning if you're close to sub 20% charge this shows some real world charge curves:
SuperchargerPowerCurve.gifWPLQ9DIA6AtUz&ust=1508027445023522

Super helpful chart. Thanks!!

But do you know if that value is static or live?

Also, right now I am charging, only drawing about 60kWs on a 20% charge (no sharing). Seems it should be a lot higher. Others experiencing the same on other chargers (FYI, this is Turkey Lake in FL).