Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Large water splash marking on white seats on delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When collecting the car on 1st November, I noticed the rear seats had this large darkened area that looks like a water splash. A member of the staff at West Drayton took pictures and logged it but I haven't heard anything since.

I can't remember now as to what was meant to happen next. I assumed they would get in touch with me to schedule an appointment? The app doesn't show any existing scheduled appointments.

Having not heard anything since, I've gone through the app to schedule servicing for this and mentioned that it was logged by one of the staff during delivery so I'm hoping they will be able to find that in their records.

Anyone else had similar issues? (i.e. problem reported to staff during delivery and then not hearing anything)

Probably some other liquid contamination that made the mark as water alone should not leave a mark that can’t be wiped off.

We had a near heart attack when we thought water had stained our rear black seats. Turned out the spilled water contained some oily contamination. It came off with a good rub with a micro fibre cloth and warm soapy solution.

Grease/oil in particular can leave behind visible marks in the black interior that need good attention to remove. Careful with crisps in the car.

Thanks for the advice. Had scheduled service during my lunch break and followed up with a brief e-mail to the original sales person I had been in contact with originally who gave me a number to call regarding service (01628 450660). I spoke to someone who confirmed that they had a record of the delivery damage.

I'm not sure what exactly would've caused it (particularly as it was there on collection!) but I gave part of it a bit of a scrub with a damp microfibre cloth which didn't seem to do much. Some pictures for reference (with some arrows to highlight the outline - it looks a lot more obvious in person though):

teslaseatmarking.png

teslaseatmarking2.png

Just returned from the service centre appointment that I'd made for this (~1 hour drive each way).

They tried cleaning it with various different chemicals, but none of them helped. Instead they are now ordering a replacement seat which will be fitted by a mobile Tesla person. Pretty sure I had mentioned when scheduling the service appointment that the delivery staff did not think cleaning it would help when I first pointed it out to them. Apparently parts should've been ordered for this before my visit so not really sure what happened there.

So, bit of a wasted trip. Nice that they will be able to fix it at home though. At least it's just a relatively minor cosmetic issue.

Reactions: Rooster6655
Just returned from the service centre appointment that I'd made for this (~1 hour drive each way).

They tried cleaning it with various different chemicals, but none of them helped. Instead they are now ordering a replacement seat which will be fitted by a mobile Tesla person. Pretty sure I had mentioned when scheduling the service appointment that the delivery staff did not think cleaning it would help when I first pointed it out to them. Apparently parts should've been ordered for this before my visit so not really sure what happened there.

So, bit of a wasted trip. Nice that they will be able to fix it at home though. At least it's just a relatively minor cosmetic issue.

Same non ordering of parts happened to me, expect 6-8 weeks wait for the part, Tesla service sucks!

Received a text message on 3rd Feb to let me know the parts have arrived and requesting me to confirm my preferred address so that a mobile service technician could visit. I replied 15 minutes later with my home address.

This morning I received a response scheduling an appointment toward the end of the month, followed a couple of minutes later by another message telling me that my address is closer to the Heathrow service centre but the parts were ordered from the Bristol service centre (which is where I had taken my car previously.) They say they will have to re-order the parts to the other centre (Heathrow).

Originally I had chosen the Bristol SC as I basically prefer dealing with the roads/traffic there and the journey time to both locations is roughly the same, though ~20 miles difference distance-wise.

I have replied to offer my work address since that location is 10 miles closer to Bristol (so roughly the same distance) and followed this up with a phone call to the Bristol SC who advised to tell the virtual team (who send the messages) to keep the original appointment - the way the message was worded, it didn't sound like I had a choice though!

Mobile service came to my work today and replaced the affected part. I'm wondering if they shipped the part from Bristol to West Drayton as the technician was from West Drayton and the part was originally sent to Bristol.

It was a 5 minute job. The base of the rear seats is just one whole piece which comes out pretty easily. It has a connector for the heating elements so I guess they just fit the same seat parts to SR+ as well as the others hence why they already have the heating element built in for SR+.

Anyway, thought I'd just follow up on this to give an idea of how long this fairly trivial cosmetic issue has taken to address (a couple of months after my original service centre appointment.) I'm not particularly bothered about the wait - of course, more significant failures I'd expect to be prioritised.

• Informative
Reactions: Boggle and Blueskye