Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Last second decision (today - 09.26.2023) - bought 2023 MYP (from '20 MYP lease) - pickup tomorrow (09.27.2023)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm one who was waiting for the Model Y refresh (Juniper) but the way things are going with the Model 3 refresh, and it's eventual release in the states, combined with little to no mention of the Performance model, I changed my mind this morning and purchased a 2023 MYP (midnight silver metallic), rather than continue to extend my '20 MYP lease until who-knows-how-long. I was hoping the Juniper refresh might happen end of this year, figuring it MIGHT be available mid next year, but that seems to be wishful thinking.

I took advantage of the tax credit opportunity (as I will qualify for it this year with some business writeoffs reducing income) and the multiple price reductions (including taking one from inventory which knocked another couple thousand off) and will pick up the new MYP tomorrow in Irvine.

Resale is still VERY strong with these vehicles, so when the new one DOES come out (in Performance trim) AND they've ironed out the kinks (I learned my lesson here, having MYP number 343, one of the very first ever...) I'll sell or trade it in for the new one. Otherwise I'd be extending my lease for a long time. Better to get in new hotness than continue with old and busted

giphy.gif

Amazing to me how you can just purchase a car, in full, via an app like this, including all the docs, payments, signing, etc. Crazy.

Am considering satin wrap of some sort, but unsure of the value of doing so if I'm keeping this 1.5-2 years (estimated). I leased the first one because I wasn't sure the whole EV thing would work out for us, and it did, in spades...I'll never look back.

I'm one who was waiting for the Model Y refresh (Juniper) but the way things are going with the Model 3 refresh, and it's eventual release in the states, combined with little to no mention of the Performance model, I changed my mind this morning and purchased a 2023 MYP (midnight silver metallic), rather than continue to extend my '20 MYP lease until who-knows-how-long. I was hoping the Juniper refresh might happen end of this year, figuring it MIGHT be available mid next year, but that seems to be wishful thinking.

I took advantage of the tax credit opportunity (as I will qualify for it this year with some business writeoffs reducing income) and the multiple price reductions (including taking one from inventory which knocked another couple thousand off) and will pick up the new MYP tomorrow in Irvine.

Resale is still VERY strong with these vehicles, so when the new one DOES come out (in Performance trim) AND they've ironed out the kinks (I learned my lesson here, having MYP number 343, one of the very first ever...) I'll sell or trade it in for the new one. Otherwise I'd be extending my lease for a long time. Better to get in new hotness than continue with old and busted

giphy.gif

Amazing to me how you can just purchase a car, in full, via an app like this, including all the docs, payments, signing, etc. Crazy.

Am considering satin wrap of some sort, but unsure of the value of doing so if I'm keeping this 1.5-2 years (estimated). I leased the first one because I wasn't sure the whole EV thing would work out for us, and it did, in spades...I'll never look back.
Can you write off the satin wrap? Lol

Repeating what many others have said, but there are significant improvements from 2020 to 2023 in sound isolation and suspension, quite impressed with this new 2023 MYP. One surprise for me was that Tesla (way back in 2020, apparently) removed the ability to reduce regenerative braking, settling somewhere in the middle of what the two settings were - just something I'll get used to, and my wife might complain about (carsickness)

I plan to move the rear tires up and get 295s for the rear eventually, but figure I should wait for wear first...and be sure nobody drives my car until then other than me!