Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MYP Updates from 2021 to 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all, it's been a while since I've been on this forum. I have a MYP that I am in love with. Unfortunately, it was in a pretty bad accident last night and is likely totaled. If it's not totaled, I'll still plan to get rid of it in the near term and replace it with another MYP. I took delivery of the MYP in late September of 2021. Around that time, one of the coolest updates was the inclusion of biohazard mode.

I hope my question is a basic one. What are notable updates between my 2021 and the latest MYPs? As far as I see, it looks like HW4 was recently introduced (and seems to be mostly rolled out), like there were some minor interior tweaks (now there's wood on the door trim and I think they might have replaced the alcantara on the door cards with vinyl). Is there anything else I missed?

Additionally, are there any notable updates anticipated in the next 3-6 months? If my car isn't totaled, this could influence my timeline on purchasing a new MYP.

Thanks in advance.

Here's just a few of the recent updates that Tesla made to the 2023 Model Y Long Range:

Bigger main battery (+6 kWh)
Li-ion low voltage battery
Bioweapon defense mode
Ryzen processor
Comfort suspension
10 miles of extra range due to better efficiency
Cargo cover
Heated steering wheel
Better rear door emergency release
Laminated double pane glass
Many solid interior surfaces now carpeted to help insulate both noise and heat transfer
Better headliner material
Better button indication labels for door release is more apparent for first timers
Type C USB ports are more future-proof
128gb USB drive now included (I think this is new anyway)
Windshield nozzles x2 instead of 1 per arm for better fluid distribution
Monochromatic door cards (no more "killer whale" in the white/black interiors)
Microfiber door card inserts look/feel better than the previous plasticky ones
Factory darkened (not technically tint) rear windows

Other than that, not much.

Reactions: AK_MYP
I just picked up my new MYP this afternoon. I wasn't expecting 2 things that we knew were only put on Austin built cars. Since the MYP is only built in Freemont, it was a pleasant surprise to see this in the car.

- Microfiber door card inserts (this is brand new for Freemont built cars)
- Cargo cover (this had only been available on the most recent Austin cars)

I came from a 2018 Model 3 LR, so it was a huge change to get a 2023 Model Y Performance. Other than those 2 unexpected items, I'll have to defer to others that know the Model Y changes better than I do.

Do you have a pic of the microfiber insert? Curious when they started this

I just picked up my new MYP this afternoon. I wasn't expecting 2 things that we knew were only put on Austin built cars. Since the MYP is only built in Freemont, it was a pleasant surprise to see this in the car.

- Microfiber door card inserts (this is brand new for Freemont built cars)
- Cargo cover (this had only been available on the most recent Austin cars)

I came from a 2018 Model 3 LR, so it was a huge change to get a 2023 Model Y Performance. Other than those 2 unexpected items, I'll have to defer to others that know the Model Y changes better than I do.

Do you have a pic of the microfiber insert? Curious when they started this
This is where I saw it for the first time:

He compares his 2022 Model Y 5 seater with his new 2023 Model Y 7 seater. You see it a couple times in the video, but if you go to about the 6:30 mark, he shows the carpeted insert vs the non-carpeted. His doesn't have the rear cover because it's a 7 seat, but the 5 seat now seems to come with the rear cover from Freemont.