Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Early lease maturity (2021 MYP to 2023 MSP)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My 2021 MYP lease is set to mature on 9/1/2024, but I'm planning to return early and get a 2023 Model S Plaid since the price of USS$ 89,990.00 is lowest it has ever been.

I've reached out to Tesla and they sent me a quote of US$ 8,140.00 (valid until 9/30/23) for early lease termination, as opposed to keep paying monthly until the end, which will convert to USS 9,600.00. The MSP price will mostly increase again to 100k+ by then; if it goes down another 5K I would be ok with that too. What would you guys do?

Thanks,
Scott

Reactions: EmbersDC
The numbers seem interesting… make sure you’d end up paying the $8,140 only. I think Tesla may lower the prices again, not too much though, so if you’re ok with them lowering another 5k or so, then go for it. Good luck.

My 2021 MYP lease is set to mature on 9/1/2024, but I'm planning to return early and get a 2023 Model S Plaid since the price of USS$ 89,990.00 is lowest it has ever been.

I've reached out to Tesla and they sent me a quote of US$ 8,140.00 (valid until 9/30/23) for early lease termination, as opposed to keep paying monthly until the end, which will convert to USS 9,600.00. The MSP price will mostly increase again to 100k+ by then; if it goes down another 5K I would be ok with that too. What would you guys do?

Thanks,
Scott

Be sure to check if there will be any other fees such as wear and tear, mile overage, etc. But you are only saving $1,500, so why not just keep the car? If you have a second car it might be worth selling that one instead.

I just did something similar.

My leased Y will be returning at the end of the month early (suppose to be next summer). Just purchased a new Y off the line today. Will arrive near me in 10-14 days. With the $7500 tax credit and not having to buy four new tires for my leased Y it saves a bundle. Plus, paying cash for the new Y so no interest.