Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Latest Model X Issue - Driver Profiles Not Working for Seat Settings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

NewTMSMan

Aug 21, 2017
USA
Latest issue in the ongoing, never ending list of issues with my Teslas; the Driver Profiles do not work properly and the seat settings do not save, or the seats do not move when changing profiles (cannot tell which is the issue). Example, if I set the seats in my profile and Save it, and then switch to the Easy Entry profile and move the seat back and save that while in the Easy Entry profile and then switch back to my profile the drivers seat does not move. Tried rebooting everything and issue still exists. Tried with my Wife's profile as well and switching to mine and either set position is not saved in the profiles or the profiles are not moving the seat. In either case the Driver Profiles do not work properly.

Anyone else seeing this issue? I am on 2017.50.2.

Yeah works fine in my Model S as well.

It is not just the Easy Entry profile, it is all profiles not working to either save or adjust the driver's seat.

Suspect something is wrong with my X causing this now.

Mine stopped working with the new update as well. When I push park easy entry doesn't activate. It only moves after I've exited the car. Took it to service and they couldn't get it to work either.

After recent update Easy Entry profile is activated when you disconnect your seat belt, not when you put the car in Park.

The issue I am having is the driver's seat does not change position when I change profiles, including Easy Entry, regardless of what seat positions I save in the profiles. Also if I give the seat and hit Restore instead of Save for my profile the seat does not move either.

I have the same issue with my Model X. The seat profiles have never saved and the seat position never moves. I’ve had my car for 9 months now and Tesla has had the car 3 times to try and fix it. They claim it is a software bug..... very annoying but probably not enough for lemon law.

I have the same issue with my Model X. The seat profiles have never saved and the seat position never moves. I’ve had my car for 9 months now and Tesla has had the car 3 times to try and fix it. They claim it is a software bug..... very annoying but probably not enough for lemon law.

Well if it were a firmware bug it would effect more than us. Also it was working for me fine until recently. I cannot speak for MA, but in NJ that would be enough to lemon the car.

Disappointed to hear they could not repair this issue for you. Will post back here if it is ever repaired for me. I am in the middle of filing for Lemon Law protection on this car and Tesla is preparing a buy back offer, so not sure I will get this repaired.

Hey @NewTMSMan - just wondering if you ever found a resolution to this issue. My 3 started doing the same thing after picking it up from service last week. Neither the seats nor the steering wheel respond to the driver profile settings (curiously, the side view mirrors do).

Did you have any luck getting it figured out?

Since most owners aren't reporting this problem - recommend you first call Tesla's customer support and if they can't resolve it, you'll likely need a Service appointment.

What you may need is another software update - perhaps the previous update didn't completely install - and something is out-of-sync.

Hey @NewTMSMan - just wondering if you ever found a resolution to this issue. My 3 started doing the same thing after picking it up from service last week. Neither the seats nor the steering wheel respond to the driver profile settings (curiously, the side view mirrors do).

Did you have any luck getting it figured out?

Issue was resolved with a recalibration of the Drivers Seat according to Tesla Service.

Issue was resolved with a recalibration of the Drivers Seat according to Tesla Service.

Hi @NewTMSMan , was this recalibration done at the Service Center, or remotely? Or perhaps it is something that can be done by mobile service?

My symptoms are like yours, the Driver Profiles don't move the seat. They move the steering wheel. I've tried reset with and without brake, power down, it even went through a software update. I tried deleting the profiles and re-creating them. It started doing this after the 12V battery died and got replaced by Mobile Service.

Hi @NewTMSMan , was this recalibration done at the Service Center, or remotely? Or perhaps it is something that can be done by mobile service?

My symptoms are like yours, the Driver Profiles don't move the seat. They move the steering wheel. I've tried reset with and without brake, power down, it even went through a software update. I tried deleting the profiles and re-creating them. It started doing this after the 12V battery died and got replaced by Mobile Service.
My model X does likewise. 12V Battery replaced. Then this. Steering Wheel moves but not seat. Talked to IT support. Did a soft reboot, hard reboot, and re-created profiles. Nothing works. Support finally suggested I write it up and take it in.

Recently had my X serviced. Now I’m getting the same issue. There was also an update, not sure which one caused the problem. Any fix for this or do I have to take it into Tesla? Don’t really want to as it takes forever to get an appointment and my vehicle is also out of warranty.