TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Lawrence showroom open late for Model 3 event?

Discussion in 'Canada' started by Trev Page, Feb 11, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Trev Page

Trev Page Member

Given that Elon confirmed that reservations for Model 3 start on March 31 in stores, does anyone know if the Lawrence location might be open late that night for the event? Were they open the night of the D reveal?
    if they are I'm going down for any party they're having and put down 2 deposits.

2. DarthNick

DarthNick Member

I'm wondering the same thing as well. I live very close to Yorkdale, so next time I'm there I'll bug the associates to see if they have any info on how the in-store deposits will work. :tongue:

3. Blazing Whisper

I'd love to know that too. I work 2 minutes from the Lawrence showroom so I would love to swing by after work.

4. Trev Page

Trev Page Member

They might not know yet what the plans are but it's worth a try. If they are we should organize a meet up.

5. TEUNTSLA

TEUNTSLA Member

I spoke to an east coast location just now and they just read Elons tweet, so its still in the early stages.

6. Jaff

Jaff Active Member

I'm pretty sure the stores were not open late for the D reveal...but remember, the D reveal was a surprise event, subject wise...this event will be about the Model 3 & signing up on the reservation list...I think it would be a good idea to do this...probably good publicity too...

7. Spenny818

Spenny818 Member

I'll be there! I already have the 31st off of work :smile:

8. mistermatt

mistermatt Member

I feel a cold coming on, but I'm really torn about whether or not there is any value in going there to line up/deal with possible madness versus signing in from the comforts of home and paying me 1k that way the following morning.

:cool:

9. DarthNick

DarthNick Member

Well, as folks have been suggesting, could be like a mini-launch party of our own! I think that would justify some craziness (plus we can plan it out together so we're all ahead of the craziness!)

10. wayner

wayner Active Member

Will the Model 3 be available for pre-order before the Model X is delivered to any Canadian customers?

11. SMSMD

SMSMD Active Member

That's exactly what I think. The Canadian signatures have not got a vin yet and the production reservation like mine have not yet been invited. There is no way they can deliver any model x in Canada before 31st March.

12. wayner

wayner Active Member

#12 wayner, Feb 15, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2016
    When did they start taking orders for the Model X?

To answer my own question- pre orders for the Model X began in Feb 2012 according to Wikipedia.

Following the the same timetable would mean that we see the first Model 3s in Canada around the middle of 2020.

13. sitter_k

sitter_k Member

So.....soon you're saying?
    I think I'll wait and see. But are $1000 deposits transferable to other models generally?

14. edwolb

edwolb Member

From what I recall, they're refundable.