Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Leak on passenger side A Pillar

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Curious if anyone has had issues with a leak from outside the car coming down the A Pillar into the passenger side floor? I have noticed after a car wash or heavy rain there is water staining on the A pillar trim and leaking down to the floor...anyone had this problem? It seems to be coming into that price of trim and then ping down the plastic on the side of the glove-box into the door jamb and then onto the carpeted floor.

I’m out of warranty and hoping to fix myself or at least understand what cost would be. There wasn’t anything obvious from the outside as to where it’s getting in. I have a pano roof.

0EE155BE-10A7-441A-83A1-8949A681DB85.jpeg
11AF8961-C47E-4B36-AC4B-72AE6AE25D55.jpeg

Behind the little plastic plate that says 'Airbag' is a screw. Undo that and you can take the entire trim piece off and maybe see where the leak is. I would think it's the seal between the windshield and the frame. It might also come in from the roof / pano roof and then drop down the liner.

I have a similar stain but have never seen any actual water intrusion so I assumed that someone popped open a soda or something and kindly neglected to tell me. Hope you find the source sooner than later!