Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lease end options

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m six months from the lease end- model s 100D with about 23k miles over last 3.5 yrs. my balloon payment is £35k and current value about £60k
Would you buy the car or send it back and use residual for a model Y perhaps. This is my second credit agreement and I have lifetime free supercharger miles if that helps.
Thanks

I want to be careful in terminology here. If this is a lease you have two options, you either buy the car or turn it In. If you turn it in there is no value to be applied towards a new modeL, the lease simply ends. If the end of lease buyout is £35k you can buy the car for that amount and then sell the car on the market for £60k; this will put £25k in your pocket. You can then use that money towards the purchase for your next car.

Upvote 0
I want to be careful in terminology here. If this is a lease you have two options, you either buy the car or turn it In. If you turn it in there is no value to be applied towards a new modeL, the lease simply ends. If the end of lease buyout is £35k you can buy the car for that amount and then sell the car on the market for £60k; this will put £25k in your pocket. You can then use that money towards the purchase for your next car.
Apologies I wasn’t clear enough.
It’s PCP agreement from 2019 when I turned in my 2016 model s 75D for the current car.
The trade in value according to Tesla when last checked was just above £60k.
The car is working fine except lately the LTE connection is breaking up every now and then.

Upvote 0