Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lease end question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have 2 more payments on my 36 month lease. I am on automatic payment where they draft each month.
Does this automatically stop or do I have to do something to stop the drafts?
Any other lease end tips appreciated. thank you.
Interesting, I have a Santander USA lease, via Tesla, and i make the payments
so not advice where yours is being pulled

Any other lease end tips appreciated. thank you.

Read your lease document so you know what you are liable for when you turn in the car. For example, it states the minimum allowable tire depth and also that the set of tires must be a matched set. This does not mean they must be the original tires that came with the car, BTW. Look over your car for scratches, dings, curb rashes, etc. Ordinary wear and tear is allowable, but the question is always what is ordinary? Tesla should arrange a turn-in inspection and let you know what you will have to pay. You can then decide what you want to do.

Note the biggest item is typically tires, so be sure to evaluate them. Things like curb rashes, that are not too bad, seems to be valued at about $85 / wheel.

here is what I was told about a turn in "you can return a leased car with a dent smaller than a quarter and no paint issues as-is. Dents that are smaller than a quarter and don't require paint are not usually considered excess wear and tear, and you shouldn't have to worry about them."

Shut off auto payment after your last payment before you turn in the car. Tesla has a history of auto charging for damages and people have had to fight to get the money back. Search on this forum for examples of this happening.