TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Lease New or Loan on CPO and Renting Out on Turo

Discussion in 'Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by brillantesg, Jul 19, 2018.

1. brillantesg

brillantesg Member

I've been speculating this for some time. I live in Las Vegas, and there are about 4 or 5 Tesla MS available for rent on Turo, and I'm looking to pick up my own MS. My question is whether I should get a lease for a brand new MS or request a loan via Tesla for a CPO, and with either case could I put up the MS on Turo? Or would there be a problem? I haven't seen many posts that relate to this topic so I figured I throw it up for discussion, especially for my location.

2. sidmini

sidmini Member

Brand new might be more desirable for rental on Turo. Used on the other hand will be cheaper overall outlay. How much are you going to personally use the car vs rent it out via Turo? If you need a referral code for free supercharging check out my profile :)

3. brillantesg

brillantesg Member

I'm probably going to have it available 24/7 on Turo as I know I can cover the cost of the car seeing how well the other Tesla hosts are doing.

4. brillantesg

brillantesg Member

But I was thinking of starting off easy with a cheaper CPO. My bank is USAA, and I was about to pull an auto loan from them so I could get a MS, but I was told by a USAA rep that I would not be allowed to rent out a vehicle if I used their loan.

5. AMPd

AMPd Active Member

How would they know what you do with your car?