Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lease transfer question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello Everyone,

I'm in process of transferring my lease, I'm offering incentive to the buyer. I just paid my monthly due on 01/23/23. If I make a payment to my lease account for incentive amount will this amount be rolled over (transferred as credit) to buyer's lease account?

Thanks,
AL

Hello Everyone,

I'm in process of transferring my lease, I'm offering incentive to the buyer. I just paid my monthly due on 01/23/23. If I make a payment to my lease account for incentive amount will this amount be rolled over (transferred as credit) to buyer's lease account?

Thanks,
AL
Totally depends on the leasing company. You should call them. And as you probably know, you will need to get the leasing company to formally transfer the lease to the new party, or you remain liable.

they dont reply as well...on email, I am on a transfer to takeover a lease and it will be my 3rd and last Tesla, can not stand anymore the bad service...wnough is enough and I was a big fan of the brand...since 2017
Sorry to hear that, I got a very prompt response when I needed a document. But I agree, great car and very poor customer service.

Yes if you pay for a month and the transfer is completed in the middle of the paid month lessee will be responsible to pay only starting next month. This is what happened to me when I was doing my M3 LR lease transfer. The transfer has happened on the 15th of the month and the new owner has paid me half of the amount I paid for the month.