Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Legend of Lightning Green

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
And here's the nice error message.
charge%20error.jpg
QUOTE]

I think what it is actually detecting is excessive droop in the supply voltage when the power ramps up. This might indicate that the cable run to the outlet is too long and/or too small gauge wire. Or that the circuit is being driven by some kind of inverter that droops under load.

This always happens, when you get below 40km ideal range in range mode.
In standard mode you were on zero.
i alway try to keep this 40km as a reserve. Its harmful to the battery as well if you deplete the battery to much.

Didn't know that with this 40 km ideal range limit.
What is more harmful to the battery? Charge it in range mode up to 100% and using the top 40 km range or using the lower 40 km range? I know that both are harmful to the battery, but maybe it would be better to use the top % of the battery instead the lower %.

What is more harmful to the battery? Charge it in range mode up to 100% and using the top 40 km range or using the lower 40 km range? I know that both are harmful to the battery, but maybe it would be better to use the top % of the battery instead the lower %.

Good question! (But, sorry, I don't know the answer.)
Guess: charging to 100% isn't so bad as long as you drive it soon, and don't do it in very hot conditions.
(Worst case you charge to 100%, unplug it and leave it sitting out in some very hot environment for a long time.)
Guess: running the battery to near empty is probably bad right away. Leaving it like that even worse, but some of the "damage has already been done."
So I guess it depends on what you do with the car next after you hit one of those extremes. Best to get it "out of the penalty box" as quickly as practical.

I'm now over the 2500 km on my odometer. I have 3 bad things to report: The rear left suspension started to squeak, sometimes it's really annoying, sometimes I can hardly hear it. Yesterday I could reproduce it by pressing down and releasing the car body right over the rear tire. Today I couldn't hear anything by doing that. I contacted a technician, it would be bad if the car stayed quiet when he is checking it. The next bad thing are the door sills. There are already over 5 places where a stone hit them and has pelted off the paint.

How much does a paint refine cost? :(

Well, the third bad news is entirely my fault. Some of you will remember my really thight and difficult garage entrance. Yesterday I did something wrong and went really near to the wall, there was like 2 cm left between it and the side mirror. I didn't hear anything and I thought everything was fine, but when connecting the charge cable I could see some scratches. The Roadster has a fat ass, seems like I miscalculated that.

But the car is for driving. The only way to keep it without scratches and in perfect shape is to keep it in a box and only look at it. That would be a waste.

At the end some pics I took last week. Again only with a badass handy cam.

roadster570_9.jpg

roadster570_10.jpg

Last edited:
It's always like new cars are guaranteed to get scratches somewhere - I can't believe mine doesn't have any yet; it'll be a real bummer when that happens. Lightening green is still a beautiful car though. I was very tempted to order a green one, but living by the ocean sort of swung me to the blue.

Just curious, how do you get on what looks like a narrow road and then be faced with a no-entry sign? (The top pic)

Just curious, how d you get on what looks like a narrow road and then be faced with a no-entry sign? (The top pic)

I'm not sure if I understand your question. Something like that is really common where I live. We have many roads which are narrow and have only place for one car in width, even in villages. This one in the pic is a typical access road for a tractor. After that sign it would be impossible for a normal car to drive along.

Talkredius said:
Did you open your headlights for defogging ? Perhaps this was the reason for the fog ?

Hmm. What if the headlights of the Roadster produce fog? It's not the humidity getting into the lights, it's coming out from them! Like a ghost car. Kinda scary.

This evening I went for a relaxing drive but suddenly had a Honda NSX in front of me. What a great car!

Could not find a better video. The Honda I was behind had 4 tailpipes and was silver. That sucker was crazy fast, accelerating up to 160 kmh on a 70 and 90 kmh limit windy street. That was a "once in a lifetime" situation, so I was FORCED to keep up with him. The rumbling of the NSX was brute and violent, the acceleration too. These are the times where you realize what a Tesla Roadster is all about. The Green Lightning followed silently, kept up without problem. He was clearly trying to shake me off, but did not succeed. I was somehow releaved when after about 10 minutes he drove into another street, because in Italy there are severe laws regarding speeding. But it was a pity I couldn't talk to him.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm back! Have many stories to tell, many places I've been. Approaching the 5000 km mark on the odometer.

Let's begin from a trip to Innsbruck again to meet german Tesla owner Talkredius. It was nice to see the red twin of my Lightning Green. The 24 hours charging station in Innsbruck was closed, so we moved some km away to a nice quite village where a guy could provide us with 16A. He sure didn't expect two Tesla Roadsters to show up! All the people I've met were really kind and we spent some nice hours together.

More images to follow the next time I have time.

fritzens.jpg

Hey Jaff,
do you see what is missing here ?

your car and we would have had the colours of the Italian flag:biggrin:

my wife was impressed by the colour of Dragon's car. It was my luck that she had chosen the colour of my car
Imagine the discussions I would have had on the way back ...:rolleyes::biggrin:

and indeed it was a really nice meeting.

Hey Talk, when I drive over to collect my beer, we'll have to take some pics! :wink::biggrin:

Hey Jaff,
do you see what is missing here ?

your car and we would have had the colours of the Italian flag:biggrin:

my wife was impressed by the colour of Dragon's car. It was my luck that she had chosen the colour of my car
Imagine the discussions I would have had on the way back ...:rolleyes::biggrin:

and indeed it was a really nice meeting.

Hey guys and girls!
Some random pics today as appetizer for the pics of my drive to the king of the high road trips, the "Passo dello Stelvio". Have you ever been on 2757 meter above sea with the Roadster?

Two really powerfull cars! I prefer the green one.
roadster0124.jpg

The sun is shining.
roadster0265.jpg

Group foto with two electric cars. Who can name them? (beside TEG)
roadster0392.jpg

roadster0393.jpg

They can't see me. Stealth mode is activated.
roadster0432.jpg

Last edited:
"Laaaaadies and gentlemen, start your engines!
I said, start your engines!
What!? You already did?!"

Today I'm gonna tell you a tale of a lightning green Roadster who went all the way up to the Stelvio pass for a surprise meeting with his step brothers.

It all began on a bright and sunny day in the summer (sigh, I miss you Mr. Summer) of '11. It should become a memorable day.
If you don't know the Stelvio pass I recommend you to read this link: Stelvio Pass - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And here come the pics!

DSC_0171.jpg

The way up was hard and steep. The 180° turns where difficult to handle with the Roadster, but I managed. And after every turn... pedal to the metal!
Then the first and only time since today came, when the Roadster told me he will turn down the power, the motor was getting yellow hot. Well, ICE-cars where driving with sluggisch 40 km/h.

DSC_0177.jpg

I finally made it to the top. What a view. 2757m above the sea, maybe no Roadster before has come to this altitude.

DSC_0188.jpg

Suprise, surprise! I was sitting in my car, prepared to leave the place. Then I heard really loud motor engine sound. And there they were: 4 Lotus from Germany showed up. It was fun, we talked about tires (they used Toyo Proxes 888), tiny trunk spaces (the Lotus ones are RI-DI-CU-LOUS, they envyed me) and a smell of hot engines was in the air. I particularly liked the black Lotus.

DSC_0192.jpg
DSC_0199.jpg

DSC_0202.jpg

On the way down I smelled the smell of burned brakes. I thought it were mine, cause no one else was in the near. After 10 minutes I was approaching an ICE car, it was his brakes! I used regeneration a lot, but the road was so steep I had to use the brakes a lot as well. But everything fine. The passenger in the ICE before me leaned out of the window and took some pics of me (well not me, my car of course). Funny. Then it began to rain like hell. What an adventure!

Very happy with the performance of my Roadster, he was clearly superior to all other cars.

DSC_0232.jpg
DSC_0235.jpg

Ideal range 999km, estimated range 2 km? WTF? The steep roads of the Stelvio pass were too much for the algorithm of the car. I gave the data to Tesla, they will look into it. Never happened again.

Last edited: