Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Leicester has its first Rapid charge!!!!!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone tried it yet. Any chance it may be on free vend?

Passed by a few days ago and it was well ICE'd. Maybe we should have a meet and park at each pump!
Sorry should have posted Friday night as I tried it then. 70% to 90 and sat at around 30kwh speed which was a blessing (15mins approx) as the Ecotricity one on M1 south maxes at 10-12kw and has been like that since Feb.

No free vend I'm afraid, was also nice as the CCS charger handle was clean as probably no one has used it yet :p

Had a little try on this tonight as I was passing. 20200812_212710.jpg 20200812_212724.jpg

It took a long while to throw up a price, so mucj so that I thought it might have been on free vend. Alas it was not. 35p/kw.

Reactions: davidmc
Just thought I would resurrect this thread as I noticed on Zap map that there was a Rapid in the centre of Leicester just behind the Parkers Motor Factors off Belgrave Gate at the Morningside Arena car park.
I didn't even know this existed so quietly swept in to find a 24hr accessible car park which is a good start.

True to form it has no power on it and ICE'd of course. Such a lot of money going to waste! Looks brand new unused.

I have sent this pic in to Genie and asked the obvious so will see what reply I get.

20201210_120930.jpg

Just thought I would resurrect this thread as I noticed on Zap map that there was a Rapid in the centre of Leicester just behind the Parkers Motor Factors off Belgrave Gate at the Morningside Arena car park.
I didn't even know this existed so quietly swept in to find a 24hr accessible car park which is a good start.

True to form it has no power on it and ICE'd of course. Such a lot of money going to waste! Looks brand new unused.

I have sent this pic in to Genie and asked the obvious so will see what reply I get.

View attachment 616615
I believe this charger is privately owned hence it not working and not maintained. They updated the charger to have a CCS but after that upgrade it never worked.

I think someone on here asked Engie before about it not working and they responded it's not for them to maintain? Might be wrong.

There are now 2 functioning 50kw chargers in and around Leicester. This wigston Instavolt one and a Polar one just past Palmer's garden centre (near Fosse park) at the pub on the roundabout.

Edit - Not engie I mean Genie :)