Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Less than $4K for full clear wrap on Model X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm posting this for anyone that's looking to get a clear wrap on their car and wanted some guidance on pricing in the SF Bay Area. The quotes I received for a clear full wrap ranged from $3,800 to $6,700 with Suntek or XPEL. With everything I read online, I was expecting it to cost at least $5K. I decided to go with the vendor in San Carlos (terrific Yelp reviews) that quoted $3,800. It has wrapped edges and looks pretty good in my non-expert opinion. I was dissuaded from a full-wrap by a couple of vendors but it has already saved the paint on one of my FWDs when it clipped the sideview mirror on my other car.

I went with Invisiguard in San Carlos, which was the $3.8K quote. We had everything wrapped but the tailgate a few weeks ago. The wrapper found a dent in the tailgate that I missed during delivery so I sent it to the service center to get that addressed along with other issues. We just went back to Invisiguard yesterday to get the tailgate finished--finally!

Yes I'm happy with the wrap. However, this is the first time I've had a car fully wrapped and I'll need to see how well the wrapped edges stay put. There was some dirt underneath the edges of one panel that I got taken care of on a scheduled follow-up visit. The film is Suntek PPF-C.