Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Less than a week, scraped my paint :(

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi friends,

I'm on the west side of LA. Have had my Tesla Model Y for nearly a week. MYLR, 2021, midnight silver metallic. Lovely car, enjoyable driving experience. Never had a luxury-price car before (always drove used Hondas).

In parking garage at work today, I miscalculated the turning width of my car into a narrow space next to a square concrete pillar. Ended up scraping the rear wheel well (painted area, not just the plastic). See attached photo. I'm embarrassed, upset with myself, and sad about it.

Anyone have a body shop recommendation? Do Tesla approved body shops charge more? Is this the type of injury that will take weeks to fix?

I'm a newbie to all things car-related. I'm a tech guy, not a car guy. So I haven't gone down the rabbit hole of paint protection, tint, accessories, etc.

Thanks,
Pete

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-06-25 at 3.54.28 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-06-25 at 3.54.28 PM.png
    3 MB · Views: 266
Terrible accident.
If it’s not structural, and it doesn’t appear so, then you can likely use any body shop to get the best price. Approved shops will have quicker access to parts and structural repair information, but if it’s just a prep and paint thing (and this would have to be evaluated), then any body shop should be able to help.

Hi friends,

I'm on the west side of LA. Have had my Tesla Model Y for nearly a week. MYLR, 2021, midnight silver metallic. Lovely car, enjoyable driving experience. Never had a luxury-price car before (always drove used Hondas).

In parking garage at work today, I miscalculated the turning width of my car into a narrow space next to a square concrete pillar. Ended up scraping the rear wheel well (painted area, not just the plastic). See attached photo. I'm embarrassed, upset with myself, and sad about it.

Anyone have a body shop recommendation? Do Tesla approved body shops charge more? Is this the type of injury that will take weeks to fix?

I'm a newbie to all things car-related. I'm a tech guy, not a car guy. So I haven't gone down the rabbit hole of paint protection, tint, accessories, etc.

Thanks,
Pete

if it makes you feel any better, PPF, tint, accessories would not have saved you here

Reactions: SpaceShipDrvr
Hi friends,

Thanks,
Pete
Hey Pete! Where did you end up going? Having the exact same issue with same color car...