Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lifting Pads Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I in the process of considering ordering lift pads for my model 3. Are the ones with the "O" ring on the pin that much better than the ones without? Also, does the rubber washer help that much? I have my model 3 for 3 months now and am starting to enjoy it since I got over my is there enough battery charge to go the distance I want to go. I have been driving for many years and knew there was a gas station on every corner so this a big getting accustomed to. My model three is the long-range dual motor. So any help will be appreciated

Literally the only difference is the o-ring type (or the magnetic ones) kind of 'self-adhere to the channel, so you can just put the pad into the holes and then jack onto the pad, as opposed to having to 'guide' the pad into the hole on the jack stand. It doesn't make a big difference.

These are all jack pads. They don't need to be fancy here. It's literally a block of plastic or metal in a very basic shape. Honestly, anyone charging more than ~20-30/set of 4 is ripping people off, in my opinion.

I have both the o-ring and magnetic style. The new magnetic pad adapters from reverse logic are really nice and are my preference.

You can visually place them in the hole/lift point and be absolutely certain that they are in the right place. Once you lift the adapter into position, the magnet will click against the steel frame at the top of the lift point and it will stay in position.

Just don't forget to remove them before you drive off!