Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Jack pads for the new model 3 and Y from Berlin factory

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi
Hope one of you guys can help me.
A few years ago, i've made a jack pad for Tesla models.
But i can see the new models from Berlin Germany - Model Y (Haven't seen it on model 3 yet).
That they changed the lifting points from Ø25mm to Ø19mm and the lifting point isn't that deep as before.
But my mechanic said, that he believed it only was on highland models.
Can any confirm that?

Is it also on the model 3?

Hope you guys can help me understand it little better.
Thank you 👍

Attachments

• Jack pad.png
    Jack pad.png
    177.2 KB · Views: 7
  • Tesla lifting points.png
    Tesla lifting points.png
    68.7 KB · Views: 9
Hi
Hope one of you guys can help me.
A few years ago, i've made a jack pad for Tesla models.
But i can see the new models from Berlin Germany - Model Y (Haven't seen it on model 3 yet).
That they changed the lifting points from Ø25mm to Ø19mm and the lifting point isn't that deep as before.
But my mechanic said, that he believed it only was on highland models.
Can any confirm that?

Is it also on the model 3?

Hope you guys can help me understand it little better.
Thank you 👍
My Austin built 2023 MY has the smaller puck.

Upvote 0
My Austin built 2023 MY has the smaller puck.

Hi Fholbert
Thank you for your reply.
Okay, so it also is in the US 👍
Do you know what month, your MY is from?

Upvote 0
Hi Fholbert
Thank you for your reply.
Okay, so it also is in the US 👍
Do you know what month, your MY is from?
Built in April 2023.
  • As far as I can tell it only affected Model Y standard version built in Austin TX, not LR or P which were built in Freemont CA.
  • Only affected the 2023 MY, but MY's built very early in 2023 had the standard sized puck hole.
  • Around September 2023 Tesla stopped building the standard MY. Just checked, to my surprise they are building them again.
  • I've never found 19mm pucks on the market. I'd love to buy a set.

Reactions: Mike500
Upvote 0
Built in April 2023.
  • As far as I can tell it only affected Model Y standard version built in Austin TX, not LR or P which were built in Freemont CA.
  • Only affected the 2023 MY, but MY's built very early in 2023 had the standard sized puck hole.
  • Around September 2023 Tesla stopped building the standard MY. Just checked, to my surprise they are building them again.
Can you use a caliper and give me the exact dimensions including diameter and depth of the 19mm socket?

I have made scissors jack adapters that fits the new smaller aperture, but they are a loose fit.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Built in April 2023.
Hi Fholbert
Thank you again.
Helps me alot! 👍
We are in the making of 3D sketches and waiting for approval.
But don't know if we ever make it to the US market.
Hope you'll find a solution 👍

Upvote 0
To be clear, not quite. It was the standard awd model that had the 4680 / structural battery pack with the different puck size. What they’re making now is a standard rwd model which should have a normal battery and standard puck size
Hi Terranx
Here in EU they're making them with 19mm hole, but only on MY with BYD batteries (Standard range), as i know it now.
As i'm aware, it came approx. end of 2023 here in EU (Made from Berlin Giga factory).
Still yet to see it on M3 (Hard to find a dealer here in Denmark, that will cooperate, and help us understand what is what).

Upvote 0