Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

List of 18" wheels for P3D+

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did you buy them from canadawheels and they shipped to you?

Correct

How much was shipping to the "other" CA? I am waiting to take delivery of my P3D but am wary about southern california's horrible roads and already planning my 18" wheels and tires.

CA$300, which was about US$224 at the time I ordered.
Total cost for 4x wheels, 4x TMS sensors and shipping was US$1104.17 - which is great deal IMO.

Here are two pics of the Titan7 T-S5 in Satin Titanium..... I purchased them from Evasive Motorsports and it is a better deal from Evasive as opposed to buying directly from Titan7. At Evasive, the set of 4 wheels is $90 cheaper and center caps are included in the price (center caps are $100 if you buy them directly from Titan7). I contacted Tony at Evasive about their Black Friday deals and he gave me the Black Friday free shipping with my order - so that saved $100.

Big shout out to Tony and Evasive because I got the wheels quick !!! I ordered the wheels on Friday 11-15-19 at 1:30 PM and I received the wheels on Saturday 11-16-19 at 11:15 AM. Less than 24 hrs from order to receipt.

I originally was set to get the TSportlines since they are cheaper, but ultimately went with a wheel that was fully forged.

View attachment 478271 View attachment 478272

Those look very similar to my FC04 wheels:

Help me choose my next set of track wheels!

You are right - they sure do !! That's a great price on the Fast Wheels EV01+, might have to get a set if the prices haven't changed too much. Thank you for the link !

Most welcome! Any idea on what tire you're planning on mounting on your 18" set, whichever one you end up going with? I'm looking for a good set of all-seasons for mine that has low noise levels and doesn't impact range negatively.

Any idea on what tire you're planning on mounting on your 18" set, whichever one you end up going with? I'm looking for a good set of all-seasons for mine that has low noise levels and doesn't impact range negatively.

I've been going back and forth about the tires. I guess I have it narrowed to 3: Continental DWS06, Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+ and Michelin CrossClimate +. My 2008 VW R32 had the Pilot Sport A/S 3+, which was a lot better than the stock Dunlops and my NSX had the DWS, but not the 06. Costco's tire sale on Michelin starts this Friday - $150 off a set of 4 Michelin tires purchased and installed at Costco. I don't know if Costco will install on aftermarket wheels, but America's Tires usually match the Costco promotions.

What about you - leaning towards any particular tire ?

I've been going back and forth about the tires. I guess I have it narrowed to 3: Continental DWS06, Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+ and Michelin CrossClimate +. My 2008 VW R32 had the Pilot Sport A/S 3+, which was a lot better than the stock Dunlops and my NSX had the DWS, but not the 06. Costco's tire sale on Michelin starts this Friday - $150 off a set of 4 Michelin tires purchased and installed at Costco. I don't know if Costco will install on aftermarket wheels, but America's Tires usually match the Costco promotions.

What about you - leaning towards any particular tire ?

I was really satisfied with the Michelin Primacy MXM4 tires I had on my Model S P85D for 4 years. Each set lasted over 20,000 miles, they were quiet, and performed well in all conditions, including really cold temps (down to -24ºC) on snow and ice.

I know some people here dislike them, but I can't find another all-season set that has the "acoustic tech" and "green"-oriented compound that is efficient, while performing well in all conditions. The Pilot Sport 4(S) are great in the dry while keeping pretty quiet and providing good range, but they can't be exposed to the cold as they're a summer tire.

Very nice !! Any pics of the Fast Wheels EV01(+) on your Performance 3 ? Do you need any special rings or spacers for use on Performance Model 3s ?
There are 18" +40 offset versions with 71ish mm center bore. They will fit just fine, but not be hubcentric. You'd have to be careful tightening lug nuts to properly center the wheel.

There will also be a P3D+ specific version. I have a set ordered, supposedly ships late this week. It's +35 offset, with proper P3D+ nub machined into an otherwise hub-centric wheel.

There are 18" +40 offset versions with 71ish mm center bore. They will fit just fine, but not be hubcentric. You'd have to be careful tightening lug nuts to properly center the wheel.

There will also be a P3D+ specific version. I have a set ordered, supposedly ships late this week. It's +35 offset, with proper P3D+ nub machined into an otherwise hub-centric wheel.

The set I bought has +40 offset with 64.1mm hub bore, so they are hubcentric and I’ve tested that.
However, given that I have the Racing Brake rotors installed and the rotor hat sticks out more than the stock one, I don’t have to worry about the extra lip exposed by a stock P3D+ rotor.

CA$300, which was about US$224 at the time I ordered.
Total cost for 4x wheels, 4x TMS sensors and shipping was US$1104.17 - which is great deal IMO.

Are the prices on the site US$, or CAD, do you know? May be looking at wheels and tires, but the shipping cost makes other options start to look a little better. Their site seems a bit hard to navigate, but it also looks like they are out of stock in all sizes of those wheels.

Newer P3D+ owner here, but I was wondering if most owners run 18" wheels just in the winter or also in the summer? I've always enjoyed smaller wheels and more tire (also a Toyota offroad guy) but was wondering if the increase in range would be worth running something smaller than the 20" Tesla sport wheels year round?

Are the prices on the site US$, or CAD, do you know? May be looking at wheels and tires, but the shipping cost makes other options start to look a little better. Their site seems a bit hard to navigate, but it also looks like they are out of stock in all sizes of those wheels.
Mine (+35 offset) were at $860 US shipped. The main reason you look for these is aero covers. There's nothing else besides OEM (which doesn't fit P3D+.

Newer P3D+ owner here, but I was wondering if most owners run 18" wheels just in the winter or also in the summer? I've always enjoyed smaller wheels and more tire (also a Toyota offroad guy) but was wondering if the increase in range would be worth running something smaller than the 20" Tesla sport wheels year round?
Pros of smaller wheels:
Higher sidewall means less chance of tire and wheel damage (1" more sidewall going from 20" to 18")
Lighter weight with less unsprung mass means faster acceleration and better efficiency
More comfortable ride

Cons of smaller wheels:
Higher sidewalls can give less feel for the road on cornering
Many people prefer the look of larger wheels with thinner tires

Reactions: Mark77a
You can add Martian Wheels to the list

18 Inch MW03 FORGED Wheels Tesla Model 3

These kinda look like the Roadster 2020 wheels
tesla-factory-roadster-2020-wheels-centerlock-2_medium.jpg

The Tesla Roadster Wheel and Tire Guide