Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

List of 18" wheels for P3D+

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
These kinda look like the Roadster 2020 wheels
tesla-factory-roadster-2020-wheels-centerlock-2_medium.jpg

The Tesla Roadster Wheel and Tire Guide
As it should. They specifically called out 2020 Roadster wheel as the inspiration. BTW their offset is way too low, it will poke beyond the front fender.

Mine (+35 offset) were at $860 US shipped. The main reason you look for these is aero covers. There's nothing else besides OEM (which doesn't fit P3D+.

Was that to Ann Arbor, or did you ship them to Windsor and pick up them? At current exchange, they'd be just under $700 before shipping, and there were some notes that it cost a few hundred bucks to have them shipped. I may give them a call or shoot them an e-mail. There was a group buy on the Canada forum. I've inquired into that retailer, but no reply. Looks like no one has any anywhere, but since yours ship soon, maybe that's not that far off.

Was that to Ann Arbor, or did you ship them to Windsor and pick up them? At current exchange, they'd be just under $700 before shipping, and there were some notes that it cost a few hundred bucks to have them shipped. I may give them a call or shoot them an e-mail. There was a group buy on the Canada forum. I've inquired into that retailer, but no reply. Looks like no one has any anywhere, but since yours ship soon, maybe that's not that far off.
Shipped to my door.
I considered picking up in Windsor, but it wasn't worth the bother. If you buy them in person you'd pay Canada's sales tax -- HST. And also a bit of a duty at the border (might still have to do that). One can probably claim the HST refund, but it's a hassle. Hope they ship soon.

Reactions: 67King
I just bought a set of Fast Wheels EV01+

Fast Wheels EV01(+)

They are 20.8 lbs each and were tested for efficiency in comparison with the stock aero wheels on non-P3D+ models, results were near-identical.

New Tesla Model 3 Aero Wheel From Fast Wheels — Wicked! | CleanTechnica

I'm looking to purchase these wheels with Michelin X-Ice tires for my yet to be delivered Performance model.

What is the center bore size? On the site it says 64.1.

I am on a site that has 2 different center bore sizes (64.1 and 70.2).

The sales rep I talked to says I need the 70.2 for the performance (with red calipers).

Not sure which one to go with.

Any images on your car would be great too!

I'm looking to purchase these wheels with Michelin X-Ice tires for my yet to be delivered Performance model.

What is the center bore size? On the site it says 64.1.

I am on a site that has 2 different center bore sizes (64.1 and 70.2).

The sales rep I talked to says I need the 70.2 for the performance (with red calipers).

Not sure which one to go with.

Any images on your car would be great too!
If you're ordering the full performance trim you need the 70.2 version, preferably the +35 offset.
If you're ordering the performance stealth trim, the 64.1 will work.

They have the +40 offset available.

What is the difference between the offsets and would the +40 be ok for the performance?

Thanks for the reply.

+40 is ok if you have spacers or thicker rotor hats of at least 2.5mm, but the problem is that the 64.1 bore that the +40 offset version has won’t clear that extra lip that only the performance upgrade package creates.

Check out this blog for more details:

Tesla Model 3 Comprehensive Wheel Fitment Guide

On Tirerack.com just select your car being a Performance 3, and it'll auto filter the wheels that fit, accurately. They don't have any forged wheels (certainly not for the 18s), but I'd recommend you pick one that is at least TUV / NAD rated, as I did, so you're at least comforted knowing the quality and integrity meet those strict standards.

They have several 18" wheels that fit (or 19s if you prefer) and with various offsets. I happened to have picked a wheel that has the same +40 as the OEM 20s do, but the rep told me it doesn't matter if the others say a different offset; if their system shows the wheel per your Performance 3 filter, it's been tested to fit and clear your performance brakes just fine.

They have several 18" wheels that fit (or 19s if you prefer) and with various offsets. I happened to have picked a wheel that has the same +40 as the OEM 20s do, but the rep told me it doesn't matter if the others say a different offset; if their system shows the wheel per your Performance 3 filter, it's been tested to fit and clear your performance brakes just fine.

I thought the OEM 20s were a +35 ?

+40 is ok if you have spacers or thicker rotor hats of at least 2.5mm, but the problem is that the 64.1 bore that the +40 offset version has won’t clear that extra lip that only the performance upgrade package creates.

Check out this blog for more details:

Tesla Model 3 Comprehensive Wheel Fitment Guide

If I were to purchase the +40 offset, would I need to purchase these spacers / rotor hats to install on top of the wheels?

Are spacers what you put in between the wheels? Sorry for the noobie question.

If I were to purchase the +40 offset, would I need to purchase these spacers / rotor hats to install on top of the wheels?

Spacers are discs with holes (one for each wheel lug + one center bore for the wheel hub) that have a certain thickness. If you buy a 3mm or thicker spacer it would push the mounting plane of the wheel further out on the hub to go beyond the lip. Make sure the spacer has a bore of at least 70.1mm to go over the lip.

Rotor hats are part of the rotors. If you want a thicker hat you’d have to replace the entire rotor, which can be expensive. I wanted higher performance braking for the track, which is why I bought slotted/drilled rotors, and the side benefit was that the hats of those rotors stuck out further than the stock ones, clearing the lip.
That’s why I can mount the EV01 wheels in +40 offset & 64.1mm bore without spacers.

For a P3D+ with stock rotors, you’ll need spacers if you want those EV01 wheels in the specs I mentioned just above.

If you plan on using the OEM 235/45/18 tire size you will likely be okay with +40 offset 70.1 CB EV01(+) wheel w/o any spacers. People run 245-wide tires w/o issue, which should also be about 5mm closer to the upper suspension arm.
It will just look a bit tucked-in.

If you plan on using the OEM 235/45/18 tire size you will likely be okay with +40 offset 70.1 CB EV01(+) wheel w/o any spacers. People run 245-wide tires w/o issue, which should also be about 5mm closer to the upper suspension arm.
It will just look a bit tucked-in.

No problem with tires, but the EV01 wheels that come with +40 offset have a 64.1mm center bore, which won’t fit on the stock P3D+ rotors without spacers, as I mentioned in my previous post above.

Only the +35 offset versions of the EV01 wheels have the larger 70.1mm center bore that will clear that lip with the stock P3D+ rotors.

• Disagree
Reactions: dsgerbc
No problem with tires, but the EV01 wheels that come with +40 offset have a 64.1mm center bore, which won’t fit on the stock P3D+ rotors without spacers, as I mentioned in my previous post above.

Only the +35 offset versions of the EV01 wheels have the larger 70.1mm center bore that will clear that lip with the stock P3D+ rotors.

Look here. The ones without the aero covers are even in stock.

Interesting, must be a new SKU. When I was communicating with Ian at Fast Wheels a couple of months ago, the only two choices were +40 offset with 64.1 bore, or +35 offset with 70.2 bore.

Can you test if the Tesla wheel cap covers fit the EV01+ wheel? I am close to purchasing the 18" +40 offset with 70.2 bore soon. Debating if I can get the wheel cap covers too to replace the EV01 logo.