Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Live Feed Daily Limit?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I was sitting at home and my wife had taken the 3 to the store. For kicks I turned on the live feed to check out the view around the car. I set the phone down and got busy with something else. After a few minutes, the app buzzed and told me that I had exceeded the daily limit of live feed. In checking the latest on-line manual, I'm not seeing anything about such a limit. Anyone else experienced this limitation?

So I was sitting at home and my wife had taken the 3 to the store. For kicks I turned on the live feed to check out the view around the car. I set the phone down and got busy with something else. After a few minutes, the app buzzed and told me that I had exceeded the daily limit of live feed. In checking the latest on-line manual, I'm not seeing anything about such a limit. Anyone else experienced this limitation?
When the feature was leaked it was mentioned there was a daily limit, explicitly to prevent your situation:

Limitations / Daily Limit​

Tesla will impose a daily viewing limit on how long you can remotely monitor your vehicle with video. This is likely to prevent users from live streaming video for long periods of time. For example, if they went out to dinner, started a live stream and set their phone down.

I suspect the daily limit will be more than reasonable and you'll be unlikely to reach the limit unless you're trying to use your car as a security camera.
Tesla software update 2021.40 to add 'Live Camera Streaming'

Someone testing when it came out said it was around 90 minutes:
Tesla Sentry Mode Live Camera View Limited to 90 Minutes Per Day - TeslaNorth.com

When the feature was leaked it was mentioned there was a daily limit, explicitly to prevent your situation:

Tesla software update 2021.40 to add 'Live Camera Streaming'

Someone testing when it came out said it was around 90 minutes:
Tesla Sentry Mode Live Camera View Limited to 90 Minutes Per Day - TeslaNorth.com
Thanks for the info. Perhaps the 90 minutes was an initial target. I can say for certain that I had it open for 10 minutes, 12 tops. But hey, I'll watch it more closely going forward.

Also, Happy Anniversary everyone!! May 2022 be better than 2021 was!!

Thanks for the info. Perhaps the 90 minutes was an initial target. I can say for certain that I had it open for 10 minutes, 12 tops. But hey, I'll watch it more closely going forward.

Also, Happy Anniversary everyone!! May 2022 be better than 2021 was!!
remote sentry view has just been enabled for NZ with 2022.36+
I struck this today when I was trying it out
Used it twice on cellular data for probably 5 min or so
Used it twice on WiFi for about 5 minutes or so, both car and phone on WiFi
Camera's Unavailable Daily data limit reached

Reactions: Kenthecar