Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Load Limit for Cargo Carrier with Factory Hitch

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How do I determine weight limit? My cargo carrier can carry up to 600 lbs and weighs 73.6 lbs.

So with my Y has towing capacity of 2,300 lbs with 4 passengers and max tongue weight of 230 lbs. I am not sure how much weight I can put in my cargo carrier. What is the math?

Anyone?

am going to cancel my tow hitch option - can't carry really anything with a cargo carrier.
When did you make your reservation? A while back someone on here posted they changed their mind too, and canceled their tow hitch... Then was pissed when they realized when they did that, the price of the car reset to the current price, making the car more expensive without the hitch, than if he just kept it with the hitch...

When did you make your reservation? A while back someone on here posted they changed their mind too, and canceled their tow hitch... Then was pissed when they realized when they did that, the price of the car reset to the current price, making the car more expensive without the hitch, than if he just kept it with the hitch...
Reservation made on 5/16. Tried to cancel hitch, but rep told me since the price of the MY went up, my cost would increase if I cancelled. Not sure I follow the logic of cancelling an option on the vehicle results in cancelling my reservation and starting over... oh well. Am research lightweight cargo carriers now...