Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

"loading error" on just about everything on tunein

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

crackers8199

May 31, 2015
SoCal
i've seen a bunch of posts about this, but all seem to be related to either podcasts or exclusive to the model s or x. has anyone seen this on the model 3? i'm getting it on just about all stations i try to play (some work, but i'd say the vast majority don't)...and it's not a tunein issue, because the same stations work just fine if i open the tunein app on my phone and play it there.

this and the phone key almost never working are the only two real complaints i have about the car 36 hours in...

It sounds like maybe it's a temporary problem. Perhaps some kind of network slowdown or something. It's not a regular thing - it always works fine for me, and I've not heard of any other reports like this. BTW congrats on the new ride!

It sounds like maybe it's a temporary problem. Perhaps some kind of network slowdown or something. It's not a regular thing - it always works fine for me, and I've not heard of any other reports like this. BTW congrats on the new ride!

thanks! i've been hoping it was just a temporary issue, but the fact that some stations randomly worked (and all stations, even the ones that said loading error on the model 3, worked from my phone) made me think otherwise. more than slightly frustrating considering streaming is the only option for in-car entertainment other than regular old fm radio. we'll see if it gets any better today...

Tesla clearly has issues on their backend - stations have been dropping out steadily for the past year, but it does seem to be accelerating lately. As all these stations work in a phone app or via WiFi but not in the car over LTE, I find it likely that the stream encoding has changed to something Tesla servers won't pass.

I've been using my phone as hot spot to listen to TuneIn, which brings me to their decision to disconnect WiFi when you shift between P,D or R. That is a really annoying - it makes sense to drop your home network as you drive away, but it doesn't make sense to drop the connection of a mobile hot spot.

Luckily, it is my biggest annoyance with the car ...

i think i've discovered the issue here - seems a bunch of stations were pulled from tunein last night / this morning. ugh.

Entercom Pulling Stations From TuneIn - Radio Ink

this wouldn't be as big an issue if the car could play custom URLs from tunein, but it can't. i feel like they really dropped the ball here by only allowing tunein and slacker...i'm already annoyed because cell reception immediately around my house sucks, so i either have to drive the first few miles every day in silence or listen to FM radio. it's 2018, guys.

really hopeful that at some point someone will come up with a solution for XM. i've contacted vaistech, but they said they can't do anything til they get their hands on a car to try to figure out how to engineer it...

OEM Quality Radio and Audio Accessories | VAIS Technology

i think i've discovered the issue here - seems a bunch of stations were pulled from tunein last night / this morning. ugh.

Entercom Pulling Stations From TuneIn - Radio Ink

I saw that too, but it doesn't explain why some stations that haven't been dropped aren't loading in the Tesla media player but are still accessible on their website. For example: 100.7 MYfm, a Top 40 radio station in Idaho Falls, streams fine in my browser as I'm typing this, but in the car it won't load.