Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Loaner options!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Pulling up to the Manchester, KC service center to have the 12V battery replaced, saw these loaner cars! Facelift MS, MS P90D, Model 3, and X P90D. Although, the 3 was not a loaner, the X was fun to drive around. That windshield is impressive!
Took a couple of hours to replace the battery & supercharge. The battery was 2.5 years old before I received the Warning message which they said was probably due to the cold temperatures causing the battery to not reach the lower limit voltage.

Reactions: JHawk
Count yourself lucky! I dropped off my S at the Torrance, CA service center and was told they sold off their entire 21 car loaner fleet. Ended up in a Nissan Versa. Woo-hoo! It's also 72 degrees out so I can't really complain...

Very interesting. Up here outside of Seattle, the Bellevue Service Center had to put me in an Enterprise rental car (Chevy Impala - woof) because they didn't have any loaners. It's the first time that's happened and it looked like they literally didn't have any (nor were there any when I came back to pick up my car the next day). I wonder if they did the same thing - selling them all off. I should mention too that the Model S that's normally in the showroom had vanished too. The Model X was still there.

Any idea what all of that means? Seems odd...

I was at the Bellevue Service center in December after the S disappeared, and the store manager said it had been sold - a lot of people had been afraid the federal tax credit would go away, so they were snapping up everything at the end of the year. (Even when the tax credit is continuous, a lot of people like to buy at the end of the year so they get to take the credit sooner).

Wow, an ICE loaner in Bellevue. I've been fortunate and always gotten a Tesla loaner. So far.

• Love
Reactions: tktktk
Very interesting. Up here outside of Seattle, the Bellevue Service Center had to put me in an Enterprise rental car (Chevy Impala - woof) because they didn't have any loaners. It's the first time that's happened and it looked like they literally didn't have any (nor were there any when I came back to pick up my car the next day). I wonder if they did the same thing - selling them all off. I should mention too that the Model S that's normally in the showroom had vanished too. The Model X was still there.

They were literally pulling cars of showroom floors to sell them on December 31st. I went back to supercharge in Dublin that day and they were detailing a floor model 100D. Someone literally called from another store and said, do you have any cars to sell, a guy wants to buy one today? He drove over there and took delivery same day!

I was at the Bellevue Service center in December after the S disappeared, and the store manager said it had been sold - a lot of people had been afraid the federal tax credit would go away, so they were snapping up everything at the end of the year. (Even when the tax credit is continuous, a lot of people like to buy at the end of the year so they get to take the credit sooner).

Wow, an ICE loaner in Bellevue. I've been fortunate and always gotten a Tesla loaner. So far.

That’s crazy! I guess I get it though. Yeh - I’ve had some cool loaners from Bellevue. Never an issue before this last visit. Driving the Impala reminded me of how amazing our cars are, man.

Pthe X was fun to drive around. That windshield is impressive!
Liked the windshield until the sun was low enough in the sky to be above the left-handed sun visor (really did not like the location to fumble around to find it with my left-hand, found out I am a right-handed sun-visor operator usuallly - who knew) and strong enough to be a pain even through the tinted roof.

Reactions: QUBO
I was initially off-put by the windshield, then quickly came to like the situational awareness it provides. However, adding some static cling tint to the X windshield was the first improvement (for me) that came to mind when driving it.

In my S, I installed about a 5" wide band of dark cling wrap near the top of the windshield (inside) & would probably do the same for an X around the visor area. Might look kind of odd though. In the S it blends right in.

I got the Impala too a few weeks ago. Man did it make me miss my Tesla! The lot was fully of cars -- there were hardly any open spots for me to park in.. I've never seen it like that before.

Our car went in for service on Friday. Had pre-arranged to have loaner when parts came in. They arranged through Enterprise for a car, Model S 90D. I was surprised Enterprise had Teslas, thought they were mostly ICE vehicles.

The tax situation in addition to the reduced production of S&Xs probably helped clear them out this quarter. Do have to wonder if something new will be coming in the way of refresh though, you know reduce inventory and then closeout what you have like many tech firms will do with electronic devices when new products will be coming out.

Will say getting a Tesla loaner is interesting in that you get to get a better feel for the other cars they have. This loaner has the multi-fabric seats, whereas our car has perfed leather. Oh and we found out no EAP. Loaner we had before that was a P100D pretty much fully loaded. Would have been really excited if we got a Model 3 loaner.

Last edited: