Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Location of car incorrect on navigation.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have just taken delivery of a new Model S. The car was trucked from the Tilberg factory in Holland to Malta. The navigation system is still showing the car as being in Tilberg. When driving, the maps “move” but are still in Holland. I have been in touch with Tesla support who star still “looking into it”. I have called on 4 occasions and they walked me through resetting but to no avail. They actually claim that on their system the car is showing as being located in Malta. Despite promises to call me back, I have never received a call from them.

Has anyone encountered this problem who might be able to help?

Yes I have had a similar experience with mine 'stuck on the Tesla HQ Palo Alto.
Apparently there is a GPS system in the dashboard console, and another one in the center-stack they cannot get their act together as the GPS Antenna in the hatchback glass is 'weak' or the sync time is ????

What worked for me is to find a location or time where your car has a clear shot at a large number of GPS Satellites and you should verify that the signal is strong using a free app from the Google play or iOS if you can
1. Reset the center-stack by pressing both scroll buttons, followed immediately by
2. Reset the Dash console by pressing both switches under the pads above the scroll buttons.
Both GPS should come up in a few minutes (lets say 3 mins) Loading of the GPS Tiles may take a while longer if the 'Connectivity links'
are slow.

Did your car come with the 'Telematics connectivity ' ? it is supposed to come with a 4 free year connection.
Is Malta supported with this Connectivity? as I suspect it is used to download the navigation map tiles.

Media Player (USB ) caused my Nav to fail a few days later, so if you may want to refrain from using it for a while.