Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lock Door Entry Delay

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Walk up to the car and sometimes the door opens and sometimes it does not. Recently I believed its Sentry mode delaying my entry so I turned that off but it seems like no matter what I have to pull my phone out as I walk up and turn my phone on so when I reach for the door it is unlocked and even then no guarantee.

Please help!!!!!!!! sorry if this is redundant.

Recently I believed its Sentry mode delaying my entry so I turned that off

Sentry mode is not causing this. Rather, sentry activating is a side effect of the car not connecting to your phone key while you pull on the door handle. I had very few problems with phone key until a few weeks ago, but now I am also having regular delayed unlocking issues. I suspect changes to how BLE beacon events wake up suspended apps in iOS are the ultimate cause, but I haven't had enough time to dig in yet.

As to the solutions, the most reliable one is to get a passive entry key fob.

Sentry mode is not causing this. Rather, sentry activating is a side effect of the car not connecting to your phone key while you pull on the door handle. I had very few problems with phone key until a few weeks ago, but now I am also having regular delayed unlocking issues. I suspect changes to how BLE beacon events wake up suspended apps in iOS are the ultimate cause, but I haven't had enough time to dig in yet.

As to the solutions, the most reliable one is to get a passive entry key fob.
Be interested to see what you find as we’re on the current revs with no issues.