Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lock sounds PreRefresh MX (how)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've watched several videos and searched the forum, but I don't see how to do this. I know how it should work, but I have not seen it done on a pre-refresh MX. Can you?

I have the latest software. My issue is my screen is Portrait and my options are nothing like I see on YT.

According to What the manual says:

==============================

Note
Touch Toybox > Boombox > Lock Sound to customize the lock sound when the vehicle is locked from the outside (Pedestrian Warning System required).

=============================

I dont think a 2019 Model X has the Pedestrian warning system speaker. Model X owners might know more, but I think this falls under "you dont have the equipment for it".

Since you have a pre refresh model X, I think you are safer off starting from the thought process of "that probably doesnt work on my model Car" for any new feature, than the reverse (thinking "oh cool they just released a new feature I can try")

According to What the manual says:

==============================

Note
Touch Toybox > Boombox > Lock Sound to customize the lock sound when the vehicle is locked from the outside (Pedestrian Warning System required).

=============================

I dont think a 2019 Model X has the Pedestrian warning system speaker. Model X owners might know more, but I think this falls under "you dont have the equipment for it".

Since you have a pre refresh model X, I think you are safer off starting from the thought process of "that probably doesnt work on my model Car" for any new feature, than the reverse (thinking "oh cool they just released a new feature I can try")
I don't have Boombox.

Do you think I could install a speaker and get it? If the wiring harness is there...how would I check? where is the speaker on a MX?