Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Locked out after low coolant alert shut car down

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
getting in is easy just use a wedge and a small pillow inflator and then once you have a small space opened between the window and the frame you can slide in a coathanger to pull the door handle from the inside and it will open. That handle is manual opening meaning its attached to the cable that opens the door. This is all a locksmith will do

but yeah try and give the 12v some juice from jumper cables first.

• Informative
Reactions: BrownOuttaSpec
Upvote 0
getting in is easy just use a wedge and a small pillow inflator and then once you have a small space opened between the window and the frame you can slide in a coathanger to pull the door handle from the inside and it will open. That handle is manual opening meaning its attached to the cable that opens the door. This is all a locksmith will do

but yeah try and give the 12v some juice from jumper cables first.
Thanks for the help. I attached battery charger to the front emergency charging ports. Only 1.55 volts. Obviously the 12v battery is dead. Never got an alert. My fist 12v battery lasted 4 years. Second one only two and now it’s only been two years and it’s dead. Jumped the car with ICE and got power back to the car. The coolant does appear to be low. At least now I can put car in towing mode and have it taken to Tesla for my 3/21 Appointment. Like the pillow inflater suggestion!

Upvote 0
Thanks for the help. I attached battery charger to the front emergency charging ports. Only 1.55 volts. Obviously the 12v battery is dead. Never got an alert. My fist 12v battery lasted 4 years. Second one only two and now it’s only been two years and it’s dead. Jumped the car with ICE and got power back to the car. The coolant does appear to be low. At least now I can put car in towing mode and have it taken to Tesla for my 3/21 Appointment. Like the pillow inflater suggestion!
These are the same symptoms I was experiencing before my HV died. Car is sucking the juice from the 12v instead of the HV. I could only start the car (to put into tow mode) if I attached my charger to the port.

Upvote 0