Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Locked out of Roadster, APS disabled and under door key lock/opening fails...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I had the feeling before this happened that there's a weak point here. There's only one manual door lock / opening mechanism on the Roadster, underneath the driver's door. When that fails / malfunctions what do you do? I'm in that boat since I disabled my APS last weekend. Went to open the windows and turning the under-door lock is not unlocking the driver's side door.

Any ideas?

My ordering to get into my roadster when something fails.

Toggling the charge port door.
Use mechanical key.
Open the trunk (there an easy way that's not well known, shocking simple), and pull ESS service disconnect, and plug it back in to reset the car.
Bend welding rod (or something little more thicker) and insert between gap of window/car, and pull door handle like AAA does for lotus elise.

Bend welding rod (or something little more thicker) and insert between gap of window/car, and pull door handle like AAA does for lotus elise.

Could you please explain this?

I locked my only key inside the Roadster and got a company (AAA-like probably) to open the car.
I told them several times that I did not want any damage of the car and they had to just cancel the operation if there was a chance for damage. They pushed the door (window) down to get a pole between the window and the softtop.
Result was as follows:
* Softtop is now damaged, the pole had some hard red tape attched to it. I saw that they removed some of the tape from the pole, but not all (lazyness?). As you can see from the picture below , the red tape is probably what caused the damage.
* The door is not aligned properly anymore. It has been pushed down so when I close the door it touches the interior (will eventually make marks on it) and makes a different sound.

Did anyone else have a similar problem with the door?

And any suggestion how to fix the door alignment?

Is it possible to buy only the rubber part that is damaged (see picture)?

Softtop Merke i pakning 2017-05-12 19.17.34.jpg