Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Logging in to used car?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have 2 model 3s but admittedly I don't know what to expect when buying my used X from a car dealership. It has FSD on it already. Do I just login to my existing Tesla account and that's that? Is it done via the app or on screen?

Do I just login to my existing Tesla account and that's that? Is it done via the app or on screen?
In the Tesla app, the settings menu has an Add Vehicle. When you select it, it says this:
294D7280-B797-4B0A-873C-08432CC6C57C.jpeg

Reactions: Nizzore
If the previous owner transferred ownership to the dealer and the dealer has it on their account, then the dealer can easily transfer it to your account.

Otherwise you will have to go through the add vehicle process in your account which will include providing ownership/registration documents to Tesla prove ownership before it will be added.

Just call Tesla support to have them add your car - you'll have to provide proof of ownership, like the purchase agreement, and then they can add it right on the spot to your account. Otherwise, it will take a few days if you do it via the app. Just purchased a pre-owned Model X from a non-Tesla dealership myself.

Just call Tesla support to have them add your car - you'll have to provide proof of ownership, like the purchase agreement, and then they can add it right on the spot to your account. Otherwise, it will take a few days if you do it via the app. Just purchased a pre-owned Model X from a non-Tesla dealership myself.
So you did this after you took possession I'm assuming as opposed to like in the dealerships parking lot?