Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Long Range Base Performance Model (18" wheels)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello - Does anyone know if this particular M3 Trim is available for order? This is listed on the Tesla Canada EV Incentives information page with an "In Store" only method to order. I assume this is the "stealth" or "P3D-" performance variant from the forum. I spoke to an associate at the Toronto-Lawrence location and they mentioned that is not offered in Canada (albeit it's listed on the Canadian information page??).

They recommended that I order the LR AWD variant + the $2K performance software upgrade as a workaround.. but that doesn't seem accurate as to what this particular trim is/should be.. i.e. if it's the stealth i'm reading it's technically the performance model less brakes/suspension/CF spoiler, batch.. not just an AWD + the software upgrade.

If anyone has any information that would be appreciated.

They are available from time to time. I got mine from the Lawrence location. The AWD plus software upgrade is not the same thing.

Thank you. I take it my SA does not have the background on this model, I'll ask someone else at the sales centre.

Did you submit an order specifically for this trim or was it an inventory availability? I'm trying to submit an order specifically for this even if a bit longer wait.

Thank you. I take it my SA does not have the background on this model, I'll ask someone else at the sales centre.

Did you submit an order specifically for this trim or was it an inventory availability? I'm trying to submit an order specifically for this even if a bit longer wait.
You can't submit a specific order for a stealth, they are all inventory cars from what I have always seen. Last time they were available I'm Canada was around August I think. Seems like since then there haven't been any available. If you aren't in need of the car right away I'd recommend waiting a bit for one to show up and keep hitting up the sales team. Try Oakville as well possibly. It's definitely worth waiting for the stealth since AWD+ is the same price with 0.5s slower performance and no track mode.

All that said, AWD+ is a blast to drive and there aren't many situations you can unleash it's full power anyway, so if you are impatient and can't wait potentially a few months for a stealth (and if one comes available you likely will have to take what you can get for colours and wheels) then AWD+ is a good workaround to get the config you want while still having a beast of a car.

If you want to see what an AWD+ feels like and can make it to Burlington, send me a PM.

Last edited:
I doubt the stealth model will be offered again in Canada since doing so would cannibalize all sales of the boosted AWD.

Selling the Stealth performance model never made much sense to me anyway. It’s certainly a good way to alienate your P3D+ customer base -$8k for performance brakes, rims, tires and some cosmetic bits - I know I would feel ripped off.

The boosted AWD is the compromise. It allows Tesla to squeeze out a bit more margin of the AWD and leaves enough product differentiation across the lines.

Reactions: bijan
I doubt the stealth model will be offered again in Canada since doing so would cannibalize all sales of the boosted AWD.

Selling the Stealth performance model never made much sense to me anyway. It’s certainly a good way to alienate your P3D+ customer base -$8k for performance brakes, rims, tires and some cosmetic bits - I know I would feel ripped off.

The boosted AWD is the compromise. It allows Tesla to squeeze out a bit more margin of the AWD and leaves enough product differentiation across the lines.

I called Oakville with the same information, seems it's a model that "snuck" into Canada and they don't know when/if it will be offered again. I'll likely switch focus to the LR AWD, if the stealth comes along before delivery I'll modify if available.

Thanks for your input.

Apparently this is no longer available in Canada. They said a few came in the fall (i test drove one of them as a "performance demo" and it was clearly a dual motor with software upgrade) but you can't order them even on an off menu basis.

Apparently this is no longer available in Canada. They said a few came in the fall (i test drove one of them as a "performance demo" and it was clearly a dual motor with software upgrade) but you can't order them even on an off menu basis.
Did you get that info from a particular sales centre? The SA I'm dealing with is saying the LR AWD + Boost is the new middle ground to the M3P.

Info on the forum states the Stealth is still a legitimate trim for 2020, you just can't order it.. they come in batch and you/SA have to check inventory periodically to grab one in whatever the colour combo is available so you lose flexibility there.

Did you get that info from a particular sales centre? The SA I'm dealing with is saying the LR AWD + Boost is the new middle ground to the M3P.

Info on the forum states the Stealth is still a legitimate trim for 2020, you just can't order it.. they come in batch and you/SA have to check inventory periodically to grab one in whatever the colour combo is available so you lose flexibility there.

I was dealing with an SA in the Yorkdale location who spoke to his manager. But I was inquiring about order one with specific specs/colour so I'm not sure about buying from existing inventory. The 'performance' model i test drove was an LR AWD with Boost back in the fall so they may be still using them for demos so they may become available.

Just came across this thread. I have a P3D- that I picked up in August. White on white with 15,978kms. Mounted snow tires on original rims. Looking to sell if anyone here is interested please reach out. Been my favourite car, just had some changes in the new year.